Chapter 529 - Witch Clan: Mist River

"So this is the Mist River?"

Souta's group was standing on top of the cliff looking at the huge snake-like river in front of them. It was an enormous body of water that has a length of 15,566 km and a width of 5 km. It was the second largest river in the entire central continent.

There were dozens of tribes that were living around the river and these tribes were dangerous. They possessed great hunting skills and fighting skills. Each one of them lived in this rainforest and most of them were hostile to outsiders.

"So how do we find the Witch Clan's territory?" Gragas asked while observing the famous river. This was his first time coming to this place so he was quite amazed by the beauty of the Mist River.

"We could find a thick mist that's covering the river. From my information, the Witch Clan's land is covered in thick mist and it's the one that's protecting them from outsiders." Eztein replied. "Don't ask me about the thick mist. I just heard the information and I haven't visited that place personally."

"But we can already see dozens of spots that are covered in thick mist from here so how are we going to identify the Witch Clan?" Amanda asked.

"Forget the spots on the rainforest. Just focus your attention on the spots on the river. The rainforest is ruled by various tribes and I think the Witch Clan is the one handling the river. It's just a guess but I have a feeling that I'm right." Souta said as he glanced at them.

"We should handle it cautiously. The tribes in the rainforest are vicious and brutal. They will not hesitate to kill or capture us once we're spotted." Eztein warned them.

The tribes lived in this rainforest their entire lives. The hunted and hunted and hunted. That's all the things that they've done so they were all experienced fighters and had great combat prowess. They couldn't communicate using the most common language so it was almost impossible to talk to these tribes.

"Let's go."

Souta jumped down from the cliff and the rest followed him. The cliff had a height of 200 meters but it was nothing for their current power levels. Even if they fell from a height of 1 kilometer they would feel nothing.

The group walked cautiously inside the rainforest. The trees around them were tall and it's blocking the sunlight. So no sunlight had reached the ground. They followed the river hoping that it would lead them to the Witch Clan.

A few hours later, the sky was getting dark and they still haven't found their target. As expected finding the Witch Clan in the Mist River was difficult. They needed to be patient and observe their surrounding.

They even felt mana fluctuations on the other side of the river. It seems that someone was fighting judging from the surge of energy in the atmosphere. From the density of the energy, they concluded that it was a person at A-rank level or Extermination Realm.

"It must be someone from the tribes in this place," Gragas muttered as he glanced in the direction where he felt the energy fluctuations.

"They must be hunting some monsters," Eztein said while shrugging his shoulders.

Souta glanced at Amanda and whispered, "Do you remember anything about this place? You're a witch so I think that you must have an idea how to find the Witch Clan."

Amanda shook her head and said, "I don't remember anything about this place. It feels familiar and nostalgic to me but I can't recall anything and it's frustrating me."

"It's fine. Just don't forget to tell me if you remember anything." Souta said to her.

Finding the Witch Clan was included in Quest 3 but he didn't expect that it was difficult to locate it even if they knew that it was here in Mist River. The reward was high so he wanted to complete it as soon as possible.