Chapter 587: Examination I

“Yeah… did you worship Lady Echidna and the other monster lords of Olympus?” Souta nodded and asked.

“I worship all the immortal beings of Olympus.” Igmun simply answered without hesitation.

‘Just as I thought. Igmun is like this even in the game. As long as you’re on the Olympus’ side, this guy will not treat you badly.’ Souta was satisfied. He then opened his mouth and asked, “I’m pretty confident with my skills but why did the legion of the monster lords not included in the legion ranking?”

Although he knew the answer, he still had to ask this question.

“It’s simple, it’s because they don’t have headquarters in Champion’s Den. I’m not discriminating against monsters but I think you understand what will happen if a low intelligence monster that only followed its god walked around a city.” Igmun said.

“Yeah, it will cause a panic.” Souta nodded in understanding.

Not all third evolution monsters were as intelligent as him and Doranjan. Doranjan was an exception because he was a dragon. And Souta was a rare case.

Yuko only has an intelligence of a child and she was pretty brutal to her opponent. Most of the monsters were savage and the ordinary people here didn’t belong to their monster lords. Since they had low intelligence they were easily provoked and caused a riot. They didn’t even know how to act in a city and will always cause trouble for the guards.

That’s why the legions of the monster lords weren’t in Champion’s Den.

Only high evolution monsters could converse properly.

Sometimes humans and demis couldn’t keep the greed in their eyes when looking at rare monsters. Body parts of rare monsters could be sold at high prices and some monsters could instinctively sense those greedy eyes.

Although God’s Continent was tolerant of monsters unlike the other continents, there’s still disparity between the two creatures. Their way of living had a huge difference.

“I’m glad that you understand it.” Igmun nodded at him.

“It’s nothing. I learned a lot of things living with humans and demis.” Souta shrugged his shoulder.

“Good. Then, let’s proceed to the examination.” Igmun said before he stood up. “Come, follow me.”

Souta stood up and followed Igmun outside the room. The two directly went to the stadium. While on their way, Igmun explained the examination to Souta.

“The examination is the most important thing as this will decide if we are going to accept you in our legion or not. Since you’re a third evolution monster, your strength must be equivalent to some A-rank or S-rank. So you’re going to take the examination of this level.” Igmun said, “We will test your strength, speed, and combat power. The test is simple so I’m going to ask what test you want to take. A-rank or S-rank?”

“I’m pretty confident so I’ll take S-rank,” Souta replied.

“Good. Then, you will have no problem as long as you pass the examination.” Igmun was satisfied at his answer.

Souta glanced at Igmun’s back. Of course, he wouldn’t join the banner of a monster lord in Olympus. Those legions hardly get any quests and the monsters were mostly staying in the territory of monster lords so it wasn’t beneficial to him.

It was actually good since he would receive tons of mana fruits but in return, he would hardly get any quest. The quest was his source of skill points, experience points, free attribute points, and cards. He wouldn’t exchange it for mere mana fruits.