Chapter 592: Investigation

Souta left the pub and glanced at the system. He had a total of 71 skill points. After integrating the [Galaxy Eyes], the number of skill points left in him was 38. He earned another 10 skill points for completing the quest to escape the Council’s forces. The rest was earned by completing low-level missions in Athen’s Guild and the quest completed by his comrades in his Dark Oculus Legion.

So if he completed this mission, he would have enough skill points to unlock and integrate the [Star Veins]. He already integrated [Cosmic Body], [Nebula Heart], and [Galaxy Eyes], the only one left was the veins that will connect all these parts.

He had an idea that once he integrate all the body parts, their effects would synchronize making him more powerful than normal. His base form would experience a huge change so that it will be enough to handle the power of [Cosmic Authority: Ophiuchus].

Maybe, all these body parts were needed to contain the Cosmic Sign. He guessed that none other than these other people would be consumed by the extreme force of the Cosmic Sign.

So this mission wasn’t just crucial for his circle but for himself too.

He checked the improvement of his strength in the past few weeks. The mastery of his Archetype had reached twenty-four percent and he could finally use the fifth form without suffering a backlash. Also, most of the forms that he could use had experienced a huge upgrade. Not just that, he could now use the sixth and seventh forms of the [Archetype: Vajra Extremity].

His strength had increased in the past few weeks. Not just him, even Alice, Eztein, and Eilish.

Alice’s base form had reached the level of Intermediate Stage of S-rank. Eztein was close to breaking the first shackle while Eilish was approaching Rowan’s power level. The power of his team was high and their development was fast.

Souta walked around the dukedom and he found another pub.

He listened to the rumors in different pubs to know if there were any sort of similarities. He also observed the situation of the whole dukedom.

‘It looks like a normal city.’ Saya commented.

He couldn’t help but nod at her answer. The Dukedom of Halbun was normal. People wouldn’t expect that there was a strange incident that occurred in this place.

After a few hours of walking around the city, Souta found a street filled with people murmuring to each other. The guards were present so the situation here must be serious.

His high senses picked up the topic of their conversation.

‘Oh, it seems that there is another victim here.’

Souta hide his presence and he jumped on the roof of the houses. He watched the scene from above and saw two guards carrying a corpse of a young man.

The young looked like he was in his twenties. He had bite marks on his neck.

“What is that…?”

Because of his [Galaxy Eyes], Souta saw a strange dark green color energy lingering around the bite marks.

‘Probably cause by some weird skills… I don’t understand as it is my first time encountering this type of incident.’

He thought before looking around to find the energy related to it in the air.

Hmm…?

What he saw was that the air in this place had a faint energy just like on the bite marks of the young man. It was scattered in the surrounding area slowly blending in the mana.

Probably some type of camouflage so that people wouldn’t be able to find the culprit easily.

‘Even the mana signature of the culprit is gone.’ Saya said.