Chapter 423 - War in Prison World (2)

Souta ordered the rebel army to retreat when he found that the empire's forces were heading in their direction. His shadows collided with them and the shadows managed to eliminate some of the forces but there were too many of them and the shadows were crushed.

Even though they could regenerate by using Souta's best feram, they were still crushed so Souta decided to disperse them. It was consuming his energy after all and energy was important to release his full strength in a battle.

At the very least, they've managed to eliminate a large amount of the empire's army that was on this planet. It was enough for them.

The rebel army retreated to their base and fortified their defenses. They knew that they infuriated the empire and the empire would attack them.

Souta divided the rebel army. He didn't dare to gather everyone in a single base. He changed his plan because of the Mana Convergent Bomb. If that bomb was dropped in their base then everyone would die if he wasn't here.

That's the cause of his worry, the powerful bomb that the empire invented. That bomb could destroy everything within 30 kilometers radius. That's not all, this bomb was invented by the empire decades ago so he wouldn't be surprised if they took out a bomb much more powerful than this one.

That's why he had to prepare himself mentally.

Regarding Souta's improvement. His stats have increased exponentially from all the souls that he gathered but he decided to heed Saya's warning and deactivated the [Harvester of the Soul] for the time being.

Such as the rules of the universe. He couldn't let anyone find out about this or he will receive repercussions from his deeds.

Breaking the rules of the universe.

Saya said that he shouldn't use this skill for a while. He asked why and she said that he will face great calamity if he continued to break the rules.

The balance will crumble because of all the souls that he took with him. The soul realm will certainly notice if millions of souls vanished.

Nothing happened to him in the game when he devoured countless souls in the war but that's in the game, who knows what will happen here if he did that again.

This was not a game anymore.

At the very least, he was satisfied that he increase his stats to a certain degree. His base form right now was stronger than when he just evolved a few days ago.

Souta talked to Jamine to learn more about her encounter with the empire. He learned things about the empire from the dragon's perspective, Torkez's perspective, and Lydia's perspective. Maybe this girl knew something about the empire that they didn't know. After all, she became a captive and a lab rat at the same time. Also, a former princess that fought against the empire.

The empire was a huge civilization that ruled hundreds of planets. They were famous for their domineering attitude that fought every civilization that they've discovered. The empire was a solid civilization and there's no dividend organization within it. All of them were loyal to the emperor of the Great Astley Empire.

But something was bothering Souta. According to his special quest, he needed to find the secret leader of the empire. The only problem was that every people who were familiar to the empire didn't have an idea about it. Even Lydia who was once a commander under the empire didn't know about it.

Also, no one knew about that researcher that he fought. He called Torkez, Lydia, and some people but nothing came out of it. That man was a mystery.

He needs to do some digging to discover the truth about this civilization.