Chapter 588: Examination II

As for the test of speed, it’s pretty simple. Souta just needed to run as fast as possible towards the finish line back to the starting line ten times without using any sort of energy or skills.

‘Too bad you can’t use your energy. You have a lot of skills that could boost your speed yet you can’t use any of it.’ Saya laughed in his mind.

‘Don’t be like that, Saya. It’s just a test and I’m quite curious how fast I am without using any skills.’ Souta replied to her as he looked Manduk.

Manduk noticed his glance and he nodded in return. “You can start anytime.”

Souta took a deep breath and his expression turned serious. The distance between him and the finish line was fifty meters. He had to run back and forth ten times to complete the test. As for how fast he covered it will determine if he could fast the test.

In short, he had to cover one thousand meters as fast as he could.

‘Don’t let your expectations high again. You can travel faster than light in outer space if you used all of your skills yet in this world it’s impossible. Plus, you can’t even use your gravity power to boost you so don’t expect anything.’ Saya said as a matter of fact.

Souta nodded inwardly when he heard her words. He had a question in his heart. How does that work? Is light faster here in Imperium than in other worlds or not?

The light speed in Imperium wasn’t constant unlike in sub-world. There were some places in Imperium where light couldn’t travel and even places with super high-density mana would slow down the speed of light. Sometimes the light would synchronize with mana increasing its speed several times.

Imperium was a Divine World. The basic knowledge in another world sometimes wasn’t applicable in Imperium. That’s why for folks of sub-world the Imperium was the most mysterious knowledge. Their knowledge would be turned upside down.

A place without light. Souta could still use his eyes as his eyes didn’t light to perceive the things around him. His eyes could directly look at the energy in the surrounding. That’s the same for high-level beings but Souta gained this ability even before he could reach that level.

If he improved his spell damage more then his gravity ability would be enough to isolate light.

“Go.”

Souta opened his eyes widely and his figure flashed. In the eyes of other people, they only saw that Souta’s figure had vanished but in the eyes of S-rank and above they could see him too fast.

Swoosh!

In the next moment, Souta was back in his position. He stood straight and fixed his clothes. He was fast but it still took him less than 1.919 seconds. It was definitely slower than his speed in the sub-world.

If he used my energy then my speed would increase. Then, he still had several movement skills that could greatly boost his speed so it wasn’t that bad.

‘Plus, this is Champion’s Den. The mana density in this city is higher.’ Souta said inwardly.

He recalled the Clan Leader’s sound attack. The attack of the Clan Leader of the Witch Clan was definitely faster than normal sounds as it was imbued with a huge amount of Rowan’s mana.

“Not bad. It’s good.” Manduk nodded and he recorded Souta’s score.

“Next is the energy level, right?” Souta looked at Manduk.

Marduk shook his head and said, “I don’t think we need that for you. You’re a third evolution stage monster so you’re energy is best feram not mana like us humans and demis. The quality of your energy isn’t something that I can question. So we’ll immediately proceed to the combat prowess.”