Chapter 595: Curse

Souta rubbed his chin as he realized that the old master before him know some details about the things that were happening in this city.

“Master, can you elaborate it?” He asked.

“I’m sorry young man, although I’m staying in this city for several decades, I still don’t know the full details.” The old man shook his head.

“Is that so… Thanks for the warning. I’ll keep your words in my mind.” Souta smiled before he took a sip of his coffee.

“Do you have any questions?” The old man asked.

“Nothing.” Souta shook his head.

“Then, I’ll go now. I still have something to do.” The old man smiled before he left.

Souta just stared at the old man’s back before he closed his eyes.

The curse and the several organization that was moving in the dark. It seems that the Grain Leader was right. This mission could lead them to another organization.

But for now, if he wanted to know the truth about the case, he had to find the origin of the curse. A battle will erupt in this dukedom and he had a bad feeling about it.

After a while, he paid the bill and left the coffee shop. He will not force the master to work for him.

‘What do you think about it, Saya?’ He asked while walking on the streets.

‘Mmm… We gained some important information. According to the master of the coffee shop and the father of the thug, some treasure hunter found a cursed artifact underground.’ Saya said.

‘So do you think that I should check the place below this city?’ Souta asked as he looked at the floor.

But according to the information that he gathered, the sewers of this dukedom were small. Maybe, this was just a camouflage to hide the place deep under the dukedom. But there’s a chance that the said place wasn’t located in this city.

There were too many variables so he had to eliminate some of them.

Souta, Alice, and Eztein gathered in their room.

“Have you found anything suspicious?” Souta asked.

“I investigated the outskirts of the duke households and some part of the households but I found nothing. The security in the deeper part was tight so I couldn’t enter.” Alice explained.

But that’s the most suspicious part. The duke households felt like they were turning a blind eye to the mysterious case. The authority or guards were the only ones investigating the case.

“Really… The duke family seems like they know something about it.” Souta said with a sigh.

“How about we make contact with them?” Eztein asked.

Souta shook his head and said, “No, it’s too early to reveal ourselves.”

“Then, what are we going to do next?” Eztein asked.

“Hmm… From my information, the curse came from an artifact that the treasure hunters found in an underground place decades ago.” Souta said while rubbing his chin.

“Underground?”

Souta nodded at Eztein.

“Are we going to try to find it? If the underground place is located here in this dukedom then we would be able to find it after we thoroughly examine this city.” Alice commented.

“Yeah, but if it was located outside the city… It would take a lot of time.” Souta added.

“I understand so…” Eztein glanced at the two before he continued, “when are we going to start?”