Chapter 563 - Who Knows

A Great Quest. It was a type of quest that concerned the gods, monster lords, spirit gods, or demon gods. It was one of the most difficult quests as a god-level powerhouse could directly attack.

Some of his quests before also involved gods but those gods weren't the main focus of the quest. The instruction wasn't against the gods but here... The Great Quest was primarily focused on god-level beings.

Souta would undoubtedly fight some god-level beings in this quest. Even if he didn't meet Lucifer, those Demon Pillars will chase after him if he goes against Lucifer. Demon Pillars were the army commander of the seventy armies of Heavenly Demon Palace and each one of them attained god realm.

But he didn't need to worry about this Great Quest now. He was weak and he just need to follow the system's instructions to avoid Lucifer's detection. Plus, he didn't harbor any ill intent towards Lucifer at this moment.

As for sleeping, it's such a waste as his recovery abilities would increase by five times while he was sleeping. Just a few hours of sleep and he guessed that he would recover his normal condition but not anymore.

Damn! The power of dreams was such a powerful ability. Most of the people didn't know Lucifer so even if they harbor ill intent towards the leader of the demon army, Lucifer wouldn't be able to detect it.

It would be a different matter if it was him. Souta knew Lucifer's name and his appearance so a little bit of ill intention would fly towards Lucifer's consciousness. In return, he would be able to know Souta's appearance and name. He could use Souta's appearance and name to enter the dream realm. With his power, he could easily kill Souta in his dream.

It was a great combo for killing people in a long distance.

Dream Realm.

It was a mysterious realm along with a soul realm that even gods couldn't easily interfere. It was just below soul realm in terms of strangeness as gods could somehow manipulate it like Lucifer. According to the gods that studied dreams, as long as they integrated the essence of their dreams into their consciousness then they would be able to gain a territory in the dream realm.

The chance of integrating the essence of dreams was only five percent but now that the rules were fragile the chances had risen. It became twenty percent so some of the gods that were interested in the dream realm were vying for the essence of dreams.

It will be a long chaotic fight in the future until a monster lord won the battle of dreams. It was one of the three ancient monster kings, the Sea King, also known as Cthulhu. Cthulhu will be called Lord of Dreams in the next few years.

Souta along with the few commanders of the Mechanic Country participated in that battle. Even with his full universal artifact set, Cthulhu killed him dozens of times and he even killed two of the ten commanders that participated.

There were many battles that will occur in the Imperium once the Great Barrier have fully opened. The battles of dreams were just one of the conflicts that gods participated in.

Souta was in his deep thoughts when he heard Alice's voice beside him.

"Souta, is there something wrong? You looked pale." Alice asked.

"Ah, n-nothing... I'm just shocked by your revelation. I thought that you're just an ordinary demon but didn't expect you a noble demon at all." Souta smiled wryly as he scratched the back of his head. The Great Quest made him remember some of the events that happened in the game. "Anyway, you can continue if you want. I'm here to listen to your story."

"Alright." Alice looked at him for a while before she sighed. "I escaped from my father's hand without any clue as I was still a fourteen-year-old child at that time. I know a lot of things about the Demon's Land yet I know little things about my father. Even though he's my father, I rarely saw him. The one that takes care of me is my mother."