Barbie Girl

Elizabeth was awoken from her heavy sleep by Claire who whispered gently towards her calling her by name. Her eyes fluttered open as her brows furrowed in silent protest as she took in the woman standing at the side of the bed.

"Good morning, Miss. Elizabeth." the maid said warmly with a smile showing crinkles at the side of her eyes. "It's time to get up, you have a couple of things to do before you leave for the day with the Alpha."

"W-hat...?" she mumbled out, propping herself onto her elbow slowly and using her other hand to rub at her eyes. She never had been such a heavy sleeper, but since she came to this place it seems like she slept like it was her job. "What do I have to do?" her hazel orbs looking at her in confusion before scanning the room. Finally, taking notice that they were not alone, but that Jason and another man with deep red hair were sitting across from each other in the arm chairs at the side of the room engaged in hushed conversation. It appearing to be lead by the other man as Jason provided occasional nods with an almost bored expression, taking frequent sips of coffee to cut down his response effort.

"Alpha Jason is treating you to a new wardrobe." she said back with enthusiasm behind her voice, showing excitement for the woman who laid in the bed. "The man named Markus over there will be taking some measurements and pictures that way he can pick the appropriate clothing for you while you're away at the pack house today."

"My clothes are being picked for me?" Elizabeth questioned back, her eyes looking straight at the woman, not matching the maids excitement but holding a deeper tone that matched her narrowed blonde eyebrows.

"Well... Miss. Elizabeth, Markus is a personal stylist, he will be selecting only the best. You'll be sure to love it." Claire responded with minor hesitation, gauging very quickly that Elizabeth would not be appreciative of the gift from her Alpha.

"Elizabeth." Jason looked over from the armchair, his tone being of a warning nature, and his deep green eyes staring at her in a penetrative manner. "Get up."

She huffed as she pushed back the comforters, getting out on the side of the bed opposite of the maid and on the side that was closest to the arm chairs direction. "I like the clothes I already have." she said exclusively to Jason as she walked over to them, her eyes only trained on his face.

"They are not suitable and even if they were, you do not have enough." he responded as if arguing a logical point.

"Well, you could always let me go home. I have plenty of clothes there and I'm positive there are more than suitable things there which could fulfill whatever need." she said back in retort.

"You're already home, and thus my determination of your need for new clothes still stands." he quipped back, taking another sip of his coffee, his green eyes staring intently at her. Their back and forth making Markus and Claire look between the two of them and become rapidly uncomfortable as they noticed the tense air between the two.

"This is not my home, and I am not your Barbie." she said turning on her heels and walking into the bathroom slamming the door behind her, a click of the lock sounding from the round knob.

"Markus.. Claire.. Will you please excuse us for a moment? Claire, get Markus a cup of coffee and refill mine while you're there." he said, watching the closed bathroom door arm extended out with the empty cup in hand in the direction of the maid who provided an impressively quick response.

"Yes, of course." Claire said with a hand gesture, "Markus, if you'll follow me.", leading the man out of the bedroom and down the stairs.

He slowly uncrossed his leg from on top of the other and rose to a standing position, a bored expression on his face as he made his way to the shut bathroom door and rapped on the wood with his knuckles lightly. "Elizabeth, open the door."