Can We Go Already?

"Master Beta, I hope it's not too early for you." Geoffrey said worriedly over the phone, calling Jacob at 7:00am on the dot, as he had been unable to sleep after yesterday's events.

"Not at all, Geoffrey. Do you need something?" Jacob responded maintaining his ever present usual tone.

"I wanted to talk to you about the events that took place yesterday in regards to the future Luna, do you have some time to speak or would you like to return my call at a later time?" the old man said as he stood in his kitchen, owning perhaps one of the last landline phones that came affixed with a spiral chord, his fingers wrapping around it nervously.

"I would consider whatever you have to tell me of the highest priority." Jacob's words showing his eagerness for information, even though his voice had no inflection to accompany them.

"I saw some things which I find highly concerning. As you know the Alpha briefed me on the details as to why she was unaware of being a lycan, and I think you may be interested to have a fuller picture of my witness account." his tone carried concern and there was a slight nervousness accompanying it.

"I'll be at your home in fifteen minutes." Jacob said and then the phone call disconnected, leaving the old man to hang up the phone with hands that were shakier than usual.

---------------------------

Jason woke up to the strong aroma of coffee filling his nostrils, and though he only had about three hours of sleep, his desire for the beverage was stronger than his desire to continue to sleep on the shitty hospital bed. His eyes opened and he looked for the source of smell, eventually landing on a waving Mark, who was sitting in the seat in the corner. The table next to him was holding two tall travel cups of coffee, one of them with the lid removed so the scent could travel more effectively, showing that Mark intentionally woke the Alpha up but chose to do so at a safe distance.

Slowly Jason began to unravel himself from the sleeping beauty next to him, his large frame taking delicate measures to ensure he did not wake her as he departed from the bed. He slipped his shoes back on and walked over to the coffee, his eyes staring fixedly on the beverage and his hand immediately grabbing it to take a gulping mouthful. Having not eaten since midday yesterday the coffee felt soothing to him with its warmth. The caffeine in the drink would probably prove to have little benefit until he had a couple more cups of the liquid.

"Well good morning to you too." Mark said with a smirk, not expecting anything less from Jason since they had been friends since infancy and he probably knew him better than anyone, save for Jacob.

"Have you spoken with the doctor?" Jason said before he took another large draw of the liquid into his mouth.

"They should be around in the next half hour or so, they want to do a psychological evaluation and take a look at her arm before they decide on whether or not she will be discharged today. I wish you had seen the fear on the the PCT who tried to come in here and take her vitals at 6, they saw you in the bed wrapped around her, and I shit you not, it looked like they saw a ghost and they took slow backward steps until they hit the nurses desk." Mark snickered recalling the events perfectly in his mind.

Jason smirked only momentarily at the thought of how alarming it would have been for someone who wasn't expecting to walk in on him. His mind lingering on the information about the doctor and a distaste setting in on the want for a psychological evaluation.

"I don't want her to be tested." he said after determining it would be more harmful than good.

"I mean, they suggested it." Mark shrugged with his hands up in the air. "But it's really whatever the fuck you want to do."