Thoroughly Spent

Mark had grappled with a disgruntled Elizabeth with ease, her giving up in her fight pretty quickly as she realized the futility of it once he had a firm grip on her. During his chase of her he reached out to Jacob and told him to go find Jason providing what little information he had on the situation before landing his eyes on her and abruptly hanging up. The truck ride was silent as he returned her to Jason's parents home, them being completely caught off guard by her harsh venomous words as she was dragged in by Marks firm grip on her bicep. He eventually depositing her in the bedroom she was staying in, before leaving her there and returning downstairs to give his parents a repeat of what he had already relayed to Jacob.

Catherine and Adolphus both sprang into divided action, she going upstairs to try to coax Elizabeth into speaking with her and Adolphus hopping into his truck to find his son. A clear worry displayed by each of them as they heard of his breakdown and his words stating that he was sending her home. Jason didn't cry. And he wouldn't be willing to let go of his mate. There was something terribly wrong with the situation and it required immediate intervention.

As soon as his parents began on their divide and conquer method, Mark again reached out to Jacob who had already in turn reached out to Cane, the other two betas acting in rapid response. Cane would manage the pack house functions in the main section of the territory, while Jacob and Mark would aid in the efforts of finding the Alpha, being concerned about his mental health as it appeared to be collapsing according to Marks account. Everyone showing graver concern than they exhibited when he was in constant trembling aggression.

Adolphus was the first to find him, knowing his son well enough to be a isolating sulking type under extreme upset, but never seeing it to the point in which he would eventually find him.  When Mark said he left Jason at the pack hospital, he knew that Jason was hiding somewhere in its depths. He knew he would never let anyone see him in this state, especially lower ranking members within his pack, it only being shocking that Mark actually caught its beginning.

Jason's phone was ringing off the hook, and in his upset the constant melodic sounds seemed garbled and far away. Each person close to him had their own specific tune, and after ignoring twenty repeat calls from Jacob, twelve intermingling calls from Mark and seven clear calls from his father, his attention was finally brought back to the electronic device. Him answering on the eighth call from Adolphus, merely picking it up and not saying anything.

"Jason." Adolphus said in caution as he sat in his old red pickup truck in the medical facilities parking lot, knowing his search of the hospital would prove fruitless unless Jason wanted to be found. "Where are you?"

"I'm working." Jason said as he stared blankly across the elevator, his eyes red and swollen, running dry having expelled all his energy, his voice shattered and faltering across the line with his two spoken words, indicating that Mark had not been exaggerating.

"Where. Are. You?" Adolphus questioned in a more firm tone but keeping his concern evident.

"In an elevator." Jason said blankly, now appearing to be empty of emotion.

"What floor are you on?" Adolphus getting out of the truck and quickly stepping toward the hospitals entrance.

"I don't know." He said back honestly, having no desire to lift his eyes up to the electric display and give a clearer answer.

"Are you going up or down?" His father questioned further at his vague answer.

"I am not." Was all Jason could muster as a response.