Ying and Yang

Geoffrey over the next few hours explained and would pause to  respond to her questions on what the role of the Luna actually entailed.  While the Alpha and Luna were considered equals due to the intricate nature of how the union was formed, it was clear that the Alpha was still the head of the decisions. The Luna in a sense was a supportive role to the Alpha, in a way that could not be provided from other members of the pack.

It was a counter balance where the Luna was essential for grounding the Alpha and softening the generally rough nature that came from them. The Luna would not only be a direct support to the Alpha, but would be revered by the pack as a caretaker. Tending to the needs of those within and ensuring their comfort and stability in ways that brute force and strength could not.

A Luna was considered one of the packs greatest assets. However, due to this being inherently known, they were also the packs greatest weakness. Luna's tended to be targeted for hostilities between packs or even during internal coup attempts.  Since a high percentage of Luna's were in fact the mates of the Alpha, enemies would attempt to hurt the weaker mate of the two, therefor effectively weakening the Alpha in response.

Geoffrey made it very clear to her that though the role would make her potentially a top target among enemies, it also meant that she was most protected and safely guarded person in the pack. In addition to alleviate any of her concerns, he briefly described the force and power behind the Shaded Mountain pack, and that  the likelihood of her becoming a target was highly improbable. Shaded Mountain was so large and so immense that it could easily quell any source of hostility before it dared approach their borders. Jason also had a reputation, something Geoffrey merely only alluded to rather delving into great detail for her sake, which made him a man who was considered not one to be trifled with.

Throughout their conversation, time moved on and they found themselves breaking for lunch around noon. This giving Elizabeth time to use the restroom before Joseph would take her to Jason's office. She stayed close to the guard as they walked back down the hall and found their way into the main entrance hall filled with its grandiose marbling.

"Why am I eating with him? Am I not allowed to eat in the cafeteria anymore?" Elizabeth asked Joseph at random in a whisper.

"Well... he was not happy when provided with the detail of events, but I don't think that's the reason as that matter has already been sorted." Joseph said back as he began to lead her up the steps towards at the end of the large hall. 

"What do you mean sorted?" Elizabeth narrowed her eyebrows at looked at the guard as they climbed the stairs.

"He won't bother you again." Joseph said, choosing to not go into further detail.

"Well, if he wont bother me, then why can't I just eat lunch with you again?" she asked knowing she would not get further information on the other matter.

"I think he would like to eat lunch with you, to put it simply." Joseph shrugged.

"I don't see why he would, we just end up arguing." she said back as she followed him up the next set of steps leading them to the third floor.

"I believe its just some growing pains as you two get to know one another. I'm sure itll become easier over time. He already seems a little different to me, at least where you're concerned." Joseph said as if now comparing his Alpha currently to previous encounters.

"Different in what way?" she questioned with an arch of an eyebrow, she certainly wasn't dealing with a fairytale prince.

"I think he's exuding a great amount of patience with you, while you two figure everything out." the guard said with a nod, now defining the difference that he had observed.