Ground Rules

Uncle Dominick and Alpha Ryan walked out the door, Dominick looking back at his young niece with an unbelievable sadness as she hid behind her hands and continued to cry. Mark and Joseph followed the two men, and ensured that they left the home immediately, not a word being spoken between the four. Jacob lingered behind to speak with the Alpha who was still intensely staring at the crying young woman, absolutely furious at the disrespect she had shown him.

"Alpha, I believe we should prep for a possible attack from Pinecrest from the way the meeting panned out." Jacob said in a hushed tone, his eyes flickering over to the young woman and paying mind to use discretion in front of her by limiting his voice volume.

"I agree." Jason replied shortly. An internal fire raging within him, but managing to rip his eyes away from Elizabeth to look directly at Jacob. "I want them followed. I want to make sure they've left the state, now that their business is done, they have no reason to linger." he said, him also being mindful of his tone, his eyes diverting back to Elizabeth who was so consumed in her own grief that the two men might as well not have even been present.

"Absolutely." Jacob replied in agreement, whipping out his phone to reach out to the appropriate unit who would be tailing the trio from Pennsylvania, and ensuring they would be on their way back there.

"Keep the increased security measures in place. Additionally, I want increased exercises for the ballistics and recon units, also make it a mandatory increase in self-defense training for the females in the pack. Instead of once a month, they should be training on a weekly basis." Jason rattled off his first thoughts on the matter, there would be more measures he would take, but as of right now they had some time to prep defensively, the distance between the two packs would make an instantaneous attack impossible.

"Noted. And her?" Jacob pointed in her direction as she was still hunched over in the chair, the tears slowly starting to dry up as she was becoming exhausted.

"She will not be trained. If it comes to it, shell go down into the bunkers, assign a unit as her guard. I want at least six men assigned to emergency response for her protection, as well as, her containment." his tone was even lower, and Jason utilized the utmost secrecy with this last utterance. She had no allegiance to anyone right now, and he was not going to provide her a means of defending herself that could potentially lead to escape from his own hands.

"I think that's a solid plan." Jacob said with a nod. Continuing to text the orders out as they came.

"She needs a tutor. Someone to get her caught up on everything she doesn't know. Someone who will teach her respect, and the chain of command...and about mates. I don't want her to receive information on rejection, she's too unstable to think clearly right now." his green eyes falling back onto her, as he continued to think about what else was needed. As his thoughts began to process, the rage inside began to simmer down, however, he was still furious, now with a calmer looking outward demeanor.

"We can have one of the pack scholars come by starting as early as tomorrow." Jacob responded while in thought, contemplating on who would be the best option.

"That will be fine. You can go attend to those first few orders for the time being. We'll be in touch later." Jason said as he finished their hushed conversation. His stare now hardening back on her, definitely, not forgetting her colorful choice of words directed to him in front of a table full of commanders and returning to his normal conversational tone. "I have to deal with an insolent mate at present."

"As you wish." Jacob said and then quickly slipped behind the entrance door, and the sound of the handle latching in its snug place resounding in the room.