It's Over

The weather worsened as the battle progressed, the intensity of the elements focused on specific areas showing to the offense where specifically Elizabeth was, and driving Jason's force in its direction.

News has spread quickly of Mark's detainment, Shaded Mountain was down a primary leader and background negotiations began to start between the two Master Betas of each of the leading militaries. Pinecrest was calling for immediate and permanent withdrawal of the offensive parties, to bring about a rapid end to the war, otherwise the beta would be executed at dawn in public display.

Jacob remained unwilling to call back his own packs aggression, knowing in certainty that Mark would not want his own life to be a determining factor in how the battle panned out. The Beta of the pack had already accepted his fate as he was placed in a holding cell across from the Alphas mate, who was bound heavily in silver chains in a extremely weakened state.

"Well... this shit sucks." Mark said bluntly, as he sat against the cement wall of his cell with bent knees and an arm extended across a knee as the other allowed a hand to reach and grip into the depths of his blonde hair. The former Master Beta receiving a harsher punishment than him at the moment, showing how differently each man was viewed.

"Hmph.." Alex nodded almost amusedly in a dark fashion with a dipped head, the energy in his shared body thoroughly spent and not being able to produce anything else in response at the start of their communication.

"Kinda wanted to see my kid, but it is what it is, I guess." The beta said with a sigh, and a shake of his head. He had not disclosed to anyone that Samantha was already with child. Firstly, she was still early in her pregnancy. Secondly, he didn't want Jason to be upset with the news.

His words only garnered sympathetic blue eyes in recognition of the deeply personal and sad situation the beta found himself in.

"Can you pass a message along for me through your cunt of a mate?" Mark questioned to the former master beta. The lean brunette only providing a soft nod, showing that indeed whatever Mark said would not be a wasted effort. "If it's a boy, he should have my name, obviously." He scoffed at his own words. "If it's a girl, I want her to be named Lily. I think it's pretty, don't you?"

"Yes.. very pretty." Alex said mutely, the air in the surrounding area holding an uncomfortable gravity not associated with their bondage.

"I hope they have my eyes." Mark said despondently as he thought about what his child would look like. "They're fucking beautiful." He smirked to himself with an almost bitter laugh. "Blue eyes and red hair. That would be the perfect combo." He said with a nod.

"Quiet!" A guard yelled from down the hall, trying to call an end to the idle chatter.

"Go fuck yourself, guy." Mark said without a care. He had already compartmentalized in his mind the battle and his current situation which seemed to be better than the former master betas at the moment. He was going to ride out this long wait period with a firm resolve and meet his end with pride. "I don't blame you, you know. At first, I did. But looking at you now.. I feel sorry for you."

Alex's blue eyes lifted up and met his for only a moment, an appreciation showing in their holding stare before they dropped down once again in their own upset.

"It must suck..." Mark said in deep contemplation not indicative of his own wording. "It really must suck to not know what love is." He said with a shake of his head. "I only had a few moments of it, but I'm content knowing I got to experience it for however brief of an experience it was." His words once again being met with the weak blue eyes across from him who gave no response. "You know..." he said in further thought. "I've had so many women, so many women. But never once did I feel whole, until I found her... and when I found her, as much as I tried to be angry and as much as I tried to hate her for her actions, I couldn't." He said with a shake of his head, his voice sounding far off in the distance. "I just hope she understands how much I truly loved her. I hope she will be okay tomorrow when she finds out I won't be coming home." His voice began to falter, he wasn't scared for himself, he was scared for Samantha.