It's all bullshit, right?

Jason was reinvigorated, finding a new vitality building deep within his chest. He even managed to wear a small barely visible smile as he left the nude blonde woman nestled in the warmth of the blankets he provided her with in the comfort of his bed. While she had showered, he arranged for two mated warriors to stand post at the door that he locked behind him on his eventual exit. He only stayed long enough to deposit a kiss on top of her head as she burrowed into the covers.

There were already rumors swirling about the Alpha and the young woman they had seen with him from time to time, and now they would spread like wildfire after the sounds that emitted from behind his quarters doors, especially with the security measures he had placed on the room as he left its depths alone. The third floor, which was mostly office executives and their secretaries, those that managed the business affairs of the pack on a day to day basis, were thoroughly aware of what took place. They all had heard the woman repeatedly crying out his name in the throws of pleasure, and took note that it was not his title she was crying out. The executives would keep to themselves and mind their business, their female subordinates would most certainly not.

He descended down to the second floor, and trailed down the long hallway exclusively set for the betas and their essential staff. He was heading to the largest office of three, Jacob's office, and he was already late, as per usual. He strode into the room to see Jacob scouring over paperwork, only raising his head briefly before giving him a nod and returning back down to his thought.

"Did I miss the call?" Jason asked as he looked down at his watch, he was told 3:30pm and here it was only 3:45pm and no call seemed to be in progress.

"No Alpha, you're actually fifteen minutes early." he said in his same even tone. "I'm impressed."

"Ah. You really should trust me more Jacob." he said with an eyeroll and a knowing smirk, picking up that Jacob had employed one of his sparingly used methods for conjuring Jason to arrive on time by relaying to him an earlier time, rather than the actual time. It was used only when necessary for important meetings which required productivity.

"I trust that I know your character and that should be sufficient enough." he said with the smallest smile tracing his lips.

"I have had a rather productive day." he said in mock defense as he took a lazy lean in the chair across from Jacobs desk.

"Yes, I heard. Cane is currently running the men in the unit you privately trained to the point of vomiting and heat exhaustion, the warrior Blair is still unconscious and Marks newly assigned secretary just quit. I heard she wants to work off territory now. Quite eventful, I don't know how you do it." his smile turning into a smirk as he shook his head, giving Jason a show of his harshly muted humor.

"What can I say? I move mountains." he said with a finger snap and a deep chuckle.

"Or shake bedposts so violently that the whole pack house in the south western region is aware that you copulated." Jacob said back quickly in response.

"Either one is an achievement that should be recognized." Jason shrugged with a grin.

"I'm glad to see you and Miss. Elizabeth are progressing along more smoothly." he said with a nod. "She should almost be in her second week of heat, you'll be closer to that heir."

"Yeah... Soon enough." Jason said losing his humor in his voice as he trailed off in thought momentarily.

"Is there something wro-" Jacob began to question before his secretary Hollie chimed through the intercom.

"Master Beta. Alpha Ryan and Master Beta Dominick are on the line for your 4pm." her gentle voice matching her superiors usual tone.

"They're early, but we are free, patch them through." he said back before releasing the speak button and immediately switching the call to speakerphone as the line began to ring. "Alpha Ryan, Master Beta Dominick, thank you for agreeing to meet with myself and Alpha Jason today. I hope all is well with you and your pack."