A Challenge

While Elizabeth was currently occupied in another round of chess, a group of men surrounded the impressive table set before them in the boardroom, hands idly wrapped around glasses of water as they each stared at one another in an intimidating unwavering manner. An obvious divide of interest, apparent on each side.

"Where is your Alpha?" Dominick more so demanded rather than questioned.

"He will be present, when not otherwise detained." Jacob said cooly, not acknowledging the other Master Betas tone. Knowing full well, at the same time, that Jason was fucking around not doing diddly squat while they all sat around the table.

Even Beta Cane now being present with his short white hair and hardened state, would not produce anything to increase Jason's lackadaisical movements.

"Are we expecting him soon, or should we break for dinner?" Dominick questioned in added frustration.

"He'll arrive, when otherwise not detained." Jacob responded with the same mild answer, only further infuriating the other Master Betas tone more.

"My time is also precious, I hope he is aware of that." Alpha Ryan stated firmly, invoking an awareness among the men present at the table.

"Of course, Alpha Ryan." Jacob responded in the same well mannered tone, no one moving on either side.

----------------------------------------

All of twenty minutes had trespassed. Jason eventually found himself sauntering into the room. Walking in a slow, obviously not pressed for time manner.  

Seating himself back in his chair with an extremely lazy position, arms on each rest and hips cocked so were his legs, where they could extend in a relaxed demeanor underneath the table. "Forgive me, I was otherwise occupied." he said without any sincerity in his voice.

Noticing the opposing packs members taking a quick, almost barely noticeable, short inhale in recognition of his scent combined with hers.

Silence shrouded the room for only a few moments, before he placed a hand underneath his chin and his deep tone guided the initiation of conversation that brought them all here, a direct assaulting question demanding with a pointed presence. "What the fuck is going on?"

"What do you mean?" Alpha Ryan asked, as if he was completely unaware of what Jason was referring to.

"If I have to ask it again, it will result in a challenge." Jason's voice firm and confident, and his relaxed demeanor showing not a care for the weight of the words he had just seemed to carelessly throw out in the  air of the room.

"I may be older than you, but I am most certainly not weak." Ryan responded in a more than calm tone, showing no air of uncertainty in the wake of the closely veiled threat.

"Forgive me," Jason responded with snide, "I was merely going off the knowledge of your impeccable control of your betas." his eyes landing in a direct regard, on the son of the Alpha, Alex. Not truly wanting to end the other Alphas life, but seeking a greater reward in hurting his pride.

"And what is that supposed to mean?" Alpha Ryan seemingly oblivious, but his eyes flickering with an air of knowing, all the while a hostility brewed.

"To be clear cut... your son would love to fuck my mate, and with this knowledge, why you thought it would be prudent to allow him to persuade you to sit at this table in front of me.." he said with a threatening resonance that brought further silence around the room.

He with a immediate impressive singularity, breaking the quiet as he continued,  "But I would also like to know, why she's not aware of any affiliation with your pack." his eyes glossing over each one of the members of the opposing pack leaders.