Coffee For Two

Jason's dark green eyes lazily looked about the busy town getting ready to start its yearly celebration of summer with a bored groan erupting from deep within his chest. One hand was placed casually in the pocket of his black dress pants, which had perfectly pleated creases streaming down the middle of the legs, extending all the way down their long length until they met neatly polished black leather shoes. The shoes obviously special ordered for comfort and style with intricate markings delicately hammered into the material lining the holes for the laces. His other hand held a warm cup of coffee from the shop where they stood in front of, Belle's coffee and pastries. The coffee was rapidly growing colder by the minute as he stood there, waiting for his Beta Mark, to finish smoking his cigarette outside the shop.

Mark simultaneously was chatting up some bimbo townie very near to successfully landing a phone number. Jason would have put an end to the flirtatious conversation a while ago, had Mark's younger brother called them to let them know he was done in the store in this little Podunk town. Their last stop unfortunately being a necessity of the female sort, before heading back into pack territory.

It felt as though it had already been an incredibly long day and it was only 9:45 am according to his gold watch, which he glanced at momentarily before slipping his hand back into his pants pocket. He couldn't wait to strip out of his perfectly tailored three piece suit and cleanse himself with a vigorous scrub to remove the sticky, most likely imaginary, layer of filth he felt attaching to him with each second that passed in this outdated and dilapidated little town. The smells of the region were assaulting him, giving him a slight migraine, and the people here shared, almost assuredly, seemed to share a combined brain cell count of about 20 among a population of 1500, leaving him relentlessly in an annoyed state anytime he had to set foot in this God forsaken place.

Matters of business were the only reason he even compelled himself to be here, and in time he would bring about a much needed change to this hillbilly town, an update of sorts. He was working on obtaining the current water distribution factories within the city limits, the facility providing much needed work to the current residents within the towns folds. With some corporate restructuring and new marketing strategies set in place, he saw real potential for the makings of something great.  Additionally, by obtaining the factories, he would be able to bring in a different stream of revenue to feed back into his large and rapidly growing pack aside from his other current capitalistic ventures.

A sharp giggle way too loud and shrill to be real caught his attention and he quipped his brow over to his beta and the trailer trash blonde he was schmoozing up. His patience had worn thin, and his eyes growing ever darker while giving Mark a concentrated stare tbefore abruptly questioning, "Where is Travis? It's time to go."

His Beta, snapped his head up, kicking his foot off the wall of the shop where he was once lazily perched against the brick. With measured precision, he flicked his cigarette into the gutter standing almost at full attention with the rigidity his once lax frame had now adopted. Taking a few swift steps forward and brushing past the blonde who went by Amy, he began digging into his pocket to retrieve his phone.

"I'll call the asshole, I don't know what's taking him so long. We can probably head back up the block, he should be done by now." he said as he pushed the contact icon for his brother on the screen of his phone, and placed it to his ear, giving only a seconds attention to look back apologetically to the confused female at his abrupt departure, letting it be known he wasn't returning to their conversation and he had now moved on.

"You need to quit smoking, you'll be of no use if you cant breathe." Jason grumbled, as his Beta had closed the distance between them.

Mark shrugged nonchalantly, clearly understanding to not feed into Jason's bad mood of the moment and let him grumble in any which way he pleased. His blue eyes perking up in indication that his brother finally answered after the third ring, speaking beforee giving him a chance to answer in greeting, "Dickhead, where are you?"