One Condition

"Beta Dominick, I have made the decision that we will go out there to meet with the Shaded Mountain pack, but on one condition."

"Anything."

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Jason and Elizabeth chatted through their meal, and the topics of conversation varied greatly from their opinion on certain music styles to their opinion on current world affairs, sometimes sharing the same perspective and other times in disagreement but arguing about it politely and candidly.

Several glasses of wine later matched with an equal amount of scotch, they both left the restaurant in pursuit of the town, Elizabeth in an excited slightly inebriated state but still with her wits about her, and Jason remaining in the same composure he was upon entering the venue. They found their way to Harley's much to the dismay of Jason, hoping she would forget her desire to go to the run down bar, but content in carrying out her wishes.

They had arrived several hours early and the band wouldn't be playing until two more had passed and the clock hit seven. Elizabeth made her way to the bar, asking before she went what specific brand he liked, where he responded with a cheap well known brand in earnest making her believe he drank it on the regular.

He sat at a table that wobbled from an uneven leg, and in a rickety chair, never letting his eyes fall away from her as she placed their order. Staring daggers at the men who watched her with wide eyes and hanging jaws, their tongues practically reaching their chests, at the beauty that stood before them. Her body leaning over the bar and having a friendly conversation with the tender completely oblivious to them all.

The growing anger inside of him was distracted by his cellphone which began to vibrate in his pocket. It was a call from Jacob, and he felt the need to answer it quickly while she was away so that he could speak descritely with his second in command. "Jacob, what is it?" he said into the device now at his ear.

"Alpha, we have heard back from Pinecrest Pack regarding our request to have a phone conference. They countered and would like to have the meeting in person, Alpha Ryan alluded to knowing  that our calls were concerning Miss Sabatorri." he said in his normal calm and cool manner.

"And how did he come to this conclusion?" Jason questioned quickly as his eyes darted around the bar looking for anyone who may stand out, finding no one present who seemed to be of Lycan breed.

"I'm not sure, but I have the men in the campground currently doing runs in the surrounding area looking for outside presence." he responded to show action had already been taken in regards to his Alphas valid concerns.

"What are the terms they are requesting for the meeting?"

"Obviously, the usual. Off pack territory so to be in fair playing grounds since they are traveling to us. In addition, they requested a mediating entity, I'm trying to coordinate with the surrounding packs who are close enough to send a representative in time, but told them I could not guarantee it on such short notice. They also requested that the Alphas second born son attend the meeting so that he can observe a pack relations meeting, as he is in line to become their next beta. The older son in line for Alphaship would be tied in maintaining a presence for the pack in their absence."

"That all seems very agreeable." he said with a nod even though it would be unseen by Jacob. "Can we trust them?"

"I spoke only with Alpha Ryan, but he did mention that Master Beta Dominick felt very passionately about the meeting, and asked for us to be understanding of any behavior he may exhibit. It sounds that the Alpha will be on board with us and keep control of his Beta, but we should remain cautious of any rash decisions made by the Master Beta."