You're Not Forgiven

Jason did not sleep for the rest of the early morning, instead he sat in a chair and cupped his face to block out the light that peaked through the closed blinds in the dark room. Deep down he knew that Elizabeth had been through immense suffering, he knew she had been thoroughly traumatized and he knew that she was scared. However, this logic for her rationale was stifled and smothered to a dark corner of his mind as he himself felt so angered and hurt by her actions.

He had worked tirelessly and fought so hard to get her back, and the first thing she did was try to leave him again, but this time she intended for  it to be permanent and guided by her own hands. He had vested all his energy into her return, and she decided that despite him being successful, his efforts were wasteful. He had passionately made love to her, opening up to her on a deeper level where he spoke to her gently with each slow in and out movement about how her absence had deeply affected him, and how her return made him whole again... But, unfortunately his raw and honest words of love and longing were not enough.

She had acted selfishly. Not once did she think about how her actions would impact the lives of others, how it would impact him. She had tried to abandon him, again. This time it hurt much more than the first, this time it felt as if she had personally attacked him and said to his face that he wasn't worth it or good enough to want to fight for. The night before she had looked him in his eyes and she told him she loved him, but he was having a hard time believing that now. People who loved one another did not make each other feel the way she had made him feel. People who loved each other fought for each other and supported one another, they didn't decide to check out when the going got tough. He never gave up on her, but she essentially had given up on him.

Despite telling Mark to keep her away from him, when it hit 6am on the dot he had texted the Beta and told him to bring her back to his room. Mark was hesitant to comply but inevitably followed Jason's direction, rousing the blonde from her sleep as she was tightly nestled against Samantha and bringing her back up to the Alpha's room quietly.  No words other than what was necessary to wake her were spoken between the two. Elizabeth though groggy still seemed to hold a bitter regard directed towards Mark. Her demeanor indicating she was of sound mind when she had made her decision, despite the alcohol and pills in her system.

Jason opened the door as Mark's knuckles wrapped at the door three times, the beta did not stay, leaving once the Alpha had secured his hand around her bicep and pulled her into the room wordlessly. The silence was unnerving and the room was thick with tension as Elizabeth and Jason were left alone together, she could not meet his eyes and he could not look away from her face. They both stood where Mark had left them, in front of the closed door, Elizabeth holding an elbow weakly with limp shoulders and Jason standing at full height with broad shoulders and a tight chest.

A few minutes had passed before he was the one to break the silence, his tone was deep and dark but carried at a low volume. "I flushed the pills, Elizabeth." His words only invoking a gentle wordless nod from her. His green eyes fading into the color black the longer he stared. "Do you have nothing to say for yourself?" he sharply questioned, his volume rising as his words were curt and spoken in angered brevity. She gave no response, not even a flinch as her eyes remained trained on the floor. "Look. At. Me."  he spat out as he gripped tightly at her bicep, her eyes  slowly trailed up to meet his, the only sign of vitality was her wincing expression produced from his firm hold. "How could you?" pain erupting in his voice as he released her arm and looked away, his eyes beginning to blink as tears began to well. "How could you do this? Do I really mean so little to you?" his eyes shifting completely black and the white surrounding them exploded with sharp jagged lines of red as he looked back down upon her. Her brows furrowed as her own hands grip tightened on its hold of her arm, her eyes looking away as she became awoken to the hurt he felt. "ANSWER ME!" he bellowed out as the tears began to stain his face, his jaw rigid and his eyes swirling in the chaos of emotions he felt.