A Fresh Start

When she finally recovered from the overwhelming presence of the Alpha before her, sitting there with an intense stare his eyes lightening over time as they lingered, she seemed to recoup herself. Not enough to stop the constant blush on her cheeks, or the aching presence that called out from in between her thighs. Her crumbled frame grabbed onto a familiar arm rest as she heaved her body weight upwards and resumed her own seat. No longer hungry, but now being filled with many mixed emotions.

She watched him eat, as if nothing had just happened between them. When he finished his plate she thought almost amusedly as to why dessert was ever an option for the both of them, they never seemed to be empty enough to take it.

He lead her back up the stairs, stopping at the thermostat momentarily and changing the temperature to a comfortable 72, it having obviously been adjusted earlier in the day to a reasonable 74. No words were said between them as he opened the bedroom door and allowed her entrance. There was no shut of the door, or even the familiar jingle of keys following their footsteps as he walked into the bathroom and inspected the new repair of the  shower glass door.

He took note of the epoxy prevalent in the lining of the metal and determined it could wait another day.

"Tomorrow morning, we will bathe together." he said in a calm tone.

"What do you mean 'we'?" she asked in clear concerned brevity.

"I mean, you and I will bathe together.. Consider it a conservation effort."

"No.." she said mutely. "We can take turns."

"No, we will bathe together." he said firmly. "This was your own choice, determined by your own actions." he said resolutely, as if she meant for him to shatter the glass door of the shower.

"I won't bathe..." she said firmly.

"You will." he said in finality. "Unless.. you'd like to challenge me again?" an arched eyebrow leading to immediate flushing of her cheeks.

"Why are you doing this?" she questioned for what seemed like the hundredth time.

"Doing what?" He asking as if unknowing of what she was referring to.

"Torturing me! Does this make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? Do you get off on the pain of others?" She asked frantically, a clear frustrated exasperation visible in her demeanor.

"I'm torturing you?" He chuckled to himself with a shake of his head. "Don't you think you're being a little dramatic?"

"Ever hear of consent?" She snipped back at him.

"Well, you certainly consented downstairs at the dinner table." He said as he began to pull at his tie, loosening it as he walked towards the closet to replace it back in its spot. "I can smell your consent dripping off you, in fact." He added as if driving the knife in deeper.

"That was a mistake. It won't happen again." She started back sharply.

"Oh, it will." He said amusedly returning from the closet carrying his used socks in hand and heading over to the laundry receptacle to toss them in. Then beginning to unbutton his shirt so he could too dispel it.

"It won't."

"It will."

"I won't love you." She said firmly, staring at him to solidify her  statement.

"You will. Soon enough." He smirked, even though internally it felt as if she had just landed a decent punch directly in his left breast. She as well feeling a a pang in her own heart as the words she spoke finally resonated within her in a moment of clarity outside of her own anger.