A Firsthand Account

Jason and Jacob arrived on the territory early, but were invited in nonetheless. They had been guided to the Alpha's office, where Alex was attending to the packs main functions, as the packs current leader was absent from their duties. When they were permitted entrance, they found him scouring archaic books with yellowed paper within their depths, some of the writing within the pages had begun to fade over time but the words within remained still legible for perusing eyes.

"Alpha Jason, Jacob." Alex said with a brief nod, his blue eyes lifting from the pages only momentarily before they drifted back down through the content.

"Alex." they both said and nodded back in unison, walking over to the desk and sitting across from the lean brunette who was absorbed in a large book at present.

It was an uncanny experience for everyone who surrounded the desk. There were no hostile remarks, no glares, no threatening auras emitting, as they all sat within close proximity within one another. There was a silent understanding that they had started out on the wrong foot, by actions of others, and now was the time that they would work together to correct the problem they all were facing.

"I've been looking through the historical documents... I spent all night doing so." Alex said flipping another page. "There are some documents that were created during his reign, which I now know were written falsely. What was detailed in the documents was nothing more than propaganda, a rose colored view on his actual reign, before his downfall." he said leaning back into the large leather chair, his fingers firmly depressed against the area where his nose met his eyes, where they began to soothingly rub at the the fatigue that laid within the area.

"And how did you come about this?" Jacob questioned, leaning forward to grab at another at one of the worn and weathered books on the table, and begin his own search of its contents.

"She told me.. She's never left." he said with a sigh removing his hands from his face and dropping his arm lazily down onto the arm rest, opting to break from his pursuits for a moment. "She just lingers back there, acting as a second voice." his head shaking, as his blue eyes drifted off to the side.

"How have you managed to control her?" Jason asked, interest laying heavily as he looked for a way to help Elizabeth.

"I had little to no control at first, but then her mate began to turn volatile. The more he acted against her, the more she shrank back. She is very weak, very submissive. She would put me in tense situations so she didn't have to handle them. Now... she seems to be contented just lingering." he said his voice carrying the depths of his own fatigue.

"She is always present?" Jason asked as a follow-up, obviously finding a concern with an apparent muted and weaker personality still being able to maintain constant activity within. This would mean in turn that Mathias was not truly subdued within Elizabeth, but laying in wait.

"She's not always willing to be present. But I would say yes, she's always in the background listening, always aware of the situation." he said with a nod.

"Is she talking with you now?" Jacob asked finding interest in the bizarre situation they were presented with.

"She was... and then you two showed up and she went mute. She is uncomfortable being around Alpha Jason, specifically." Alex said as he laced his fingers in front of himself, his eyes falling onto Jason.

"Is there a specific reason as to why that is?" Jason questioned in interest, as he leaned back in his own chair, his eyebrow arching in a curious manner.

"Well, obviously, the turmoil she has caused you with, Liz." he said with a soft shrug as if that much was obvious. "But she seems to think your name is Jonah, and that is what interests me highly."