A Fresh Start

Elizabeth had been led to a room which carried Jason's light scent, it still permeating the air but in a muted way as if he had not been in it for a while. It was a large bedroom with minimalistic features, it's primary function was rest and recovery should the alpha had chosen to stay the night in the mansions depths.

At the end of the bed was a pile of fresh cloths selected from her closet back at his home. The clothes were chosen for comfort, soft black leggings with a tank top and a oversized sweater warm and fuzzy to the touch, slipper like boots and fresh undergarments also were brought to help the young woman feel refreshed after her shower.

"The bathroom is over there," Mark pointed as he scratched at the back of his neck, still feeling uncomfortable with Jason's mother's outrage, having clearly experienced it before and sometimes it being directed at him. "The towels are in the cabinet, get showered and changed and I'll take you Ms. Catherine's house after."

"Who is she?" Elizabeth asked in a very soft manner, feeling equally awkward from the scene but relieved that the woman came to her rescue.

"The Alphas mother." He said back with a nod, not giving her eye contact, as he clearly felt uncomfortable being alone with the blonde. "Like I said, bathrooms over there. I'll take you to her house afterwards and then go pick up some more of your belongings."

"He's going to let me go?" Her eyes were wide in shock, as her fingers fidgeted within themselves.

"Well.. you'll be with his mother, and he really doesn't have a choice. She can be really mean when she wants to be." His mind once again recalling how Jacob, Mark and Jason all had been one time or another dragged by the ear in her claw like grip. "I'm gonna... I'm gonna go. I'll be back in about ten minutes. Is that enough time?" He said looking towards the door as he continued to anxiously rub at his neck.

"Y-yes. I think so." She nodded quickly looking to the bathroom.

"Okay. Well, I'll see you soon." He gave a quick wave as he disappeared behind the door, relieved that he put space in between them as if he feared Jason would burst in and immediately assume the worst.

She had showered and changed, slipping on the comfortable booted slippers just as Mark returned rapping his knuckles at the door.

"Are you ready Miss. Elizabeth?" He questioned through the door, waiting for her response.

"Yes, I'm coming." She said bundling up the dress and apron and depositing them in an available wash basket by the door.

For the first time in a while, she felt the heaviness leaving her chest as she opened the door and stepped out to the expectant Beta. She may not have been free to leave the territory, but felt a version of freedom and a certain sense of security. Now knowing that she had at least one ally here, coming in the form of the small petite woman who gave Jason his beautiful green eyes.

"It's best we just leave quickly." Mark said ushering her along the hall and down the multiple flights of stairs. She couldn't see Jason, but she felt his stare as she walked through the main halls exit, the felt presence only leaving as soon as the doors closed behind her.

His hand extended to help her into the large electric blue pickup truck she immediately recognized from the supermarket, feeling as if the last time she had seen it was in a different lifetime. Their ride was quiet, and she was relieved as they pulled away from the pack house and headed in a direction opposite of Jason's home.

After a twenty minute drive, Mark pulled up to a large two story colonial styled home which had flowers in every color wrapped around its outer walls and lining the homes walk path. It was warm and inviting, and tucked away at the side of the territory harnessing a spacious green yard bordered by immense trees. Elizabeth took in the blue shutters and the pillared veranda and immediately felt an innate sense of comfort.