What Happened?

Jason carried her into the bathroom that was still filled with steam showing that the water was still ample in heat. He gently deposited her into the water after testing its true temperature and then began to use a basin on its ledge to wet her hair. As he washed her hair and delicately washed the rest of her body with a loofa, he wore deep smile filled with contentment and satisfaction. A weight had been lifted off his shoulders, and its burden seemed to deposit itself on hers, or one of hers in the form of a red wound in the crook of her neck.

She once again had the overwhelming feeling as if she was a doll, being moved about as he took great care to clean her body. She sat there wordlessly as the gravity of her recent actions sank in. There was no way for her to conceptually understand what took over her that brought her to this point. She had wanted it, she had wanted him, she wanted the reassurance that she was desirable. But she most definitely did not want to fall pregnant.

She was only twenty-two. She was still young, and somewhere deep inside of her she still had the smallest sliver of her hope that her life would return to normalcy. If she became pregnant with his child, he would never let her go. Little did she realize that was already determined, he in fact would never let her go.
However, her denial ran so strong that she still held onto the little pipedream of hers as if it was the only thing truly keeping her grounded.

She suddenly felt an anger brew within her at herself for allowing this man to bed her, for begging him to notice her, for melting at his touch. Remembering how she was brought here by force, how he had locked her away as if she was in the tallest tower of a castle, and how he controlled her actions in everyway through intimidation... and sometimes through coercive gentle words.

This mate pull, this thing... this thing she knew nothing about was an undeniable force. She felt easily manipulated into doing his bidding and it made her sick to her stomach as she sat there in the tub being lost in her thoughts.
She felt an instant relief as she heard the ringing of his cellphone, and he gave quick words assuring her he would be back and that she should relax in the water in his absence. Immediately disregarding his direction and springing herself from the tub to pull a towel around her form to once again shield it from the outside world. Delicate steps approaching the doorway to gage where he was, her ears honing into his quiet words in response to the caller.

"Well.. What did he say?" Jason said in a hushed tone by the sliding glass door, the once clear skies now dark and cloudy as his back faced her and the dark dragon on his back stared at her intensely with its ink stained eyes. "He's old. Don't you think he may have been a little overwhelmed?" his voice holding a tone of disbelief as if he was taking in the words with a grain of salt. "We've made a lot of progress, I don't want to set her back." his words growing more firm as the conversation went on. "Yes. She's marked." he said as he gave a nod knowing the caller would not see it. "Are you really buying into their fucking bullshit?" annoyance now forming as his words started to spit out. "Well, yes of course I would like to have that information, but not if its going to come with a cost." he said as he turned to look over his shoulder and took in the fact that she was watching him now, having been so absorbed in the conversation but finally feeling her burning hazel eyes stare. "Let me think about it." he said back even lower, "Come over and we'll talk, and get Mark the fuck out of here." his last words holding a firm finality before he hung up the phone.

"You didn't want to stay in the bath?" he asked turning around to her with a smile and placing the phone into his pocket.

She shook her head quietly, as she still peered at him partially hidden from behind the door. Having no words to speak with him.