The Perfect Storm

Jason and Jacob had left Pinecrest territory, knowing the solution to the problem they faced, but it being made that much harder to obtain, now that the packs were decidedly at war. Elena had to be able to have the opportunity to reject Mathias, something she had been unable to do for the last two hundred years, her unfinished statement was perfectly clear to the both of them.

Both of them spent the rushed drive back to the hotel on their own personal phones. First, their own army was mobilized, and would arrive within twenty-four hours to set up camp five miles outside of the territory limits.

Jason tasked himself with calling Alpha Lucio and Alpha Rowan, who effectively in turn mobilized their own armies, rather eagerly, in light of their recent observations of the female alpha and her distressed behavior. He also forced Alpha Brent into his final decision, and called upon him to show his allegiance, to which he complied and mobilized his own army.

Jacob, on the other hand reached out to the opposing Alpha's, who were left on the fence as to whether or not they would maintain their allegiance to the Pennsylvania pack. His calm tone and smoothly flowing words, gently spoke to each and every one of them. Asking them to see reason and realize the reality of the situation at present. Warning them about the female leaders duality, and that she was not to be trusted. Reminding them that they had an opportunity to choose between the two packs, while they had a history with one another, the other pack could also have a benefit for them should they be swayed to divert their stance. Also, reminding them, that they would receive an enemy either way, no matter which one they chose.

The opposing Alphas were all very uncomfortable with how quickly the matter had escalated. Receiving calls from each side calling them to ask for their allegiance, each side telling them the other one could not be trusted, and each side threatening repercussions if they decided to make the wrong choice.

The first falter in Pinecrest's allies was from Alpha Matteo of North Carolina. His pack was well off, and the risk was greater than the reward in the Alpha's mind. He declined allying with Shaded Mountain, but at the same time he stopped responding to requests from the Pennsylvanian pack. A smart move on his part, as he stayed within neutrality in regards to the Montana pack, and entered into hostile waters with the former allied pack who was currently outnumbered at the aggression it faced at present. This meaning that it would not be able to act immediately against his own, should they inevitably be successful.

Alpha Terry located deeper in the depths of Pennsylvania was evenly divided. On one hand Pinecrest had been an ally for many years and he was a man of honor, feeling a need to keep his allegiance to his ally, not being one to shy away when times were tough. However, on the other hand, the female made him deeply uncomfortable after the meeting and the storm that was associated with her demeanor put him even more at unease.

Each pack found responses from his representatives to be elusive and with an obvious hesitation that lined the words. He not backing out, but he also not stepping in, and he not showing which side he was wavering on as this was unclear even to him.

Alpha Skylar from Florida was the only one who opted to immediately mobilize his army, this being the pack that Pinecrest was hoping for the most. He had an impressive military presence, and his pack was known to be ruthless in the southern part of the nation. War did not phase him, and his Ally had not done anything personally to him, for him to not show his allegiance. A very minor factor in his decision was that he found the female Alpha to be incredibly beautiful and extremely hot with her hot flash temper, and he was currently unmated. If they found their pursuits successful, he might receive an additional benefit from their alliance, which would only be a bonus.

At the request of Pinecrest, Alpha Skylar began to put pressure on Alpha Terry, whom he also shared an alliance with. In turn, Alpha Terry mobilized his pack and joined the defense efforts of their mutual ally.