You Win Some, You Lose Some

"They didn't start yet, did they?" Jason asked quickly, as he saw Jacob still standing in the reception area absolutely fuming while furiously tapping at his phone.

"Jason, I need to talk with you." He said not looking up from the phone as he continued to type out his frustration filled message. He was trying to get Hollie to come out of the office, so not to create a scene.

"Dude, you look pissed." Mark said with wide blue eyes.

"What's wrong now?" Jason sighed out, knowing it was about the females behind the closed door.

"I think we need to assess how much time our mates spend together. It's becoming a problem." Jacob said sharply, looking over at both of them, his real issue only being with the influence Elizabeth currently had on his own mate.

"What's the issue?" Jason asked for clarity, clearly knowing his own mate was definitely the lead in the situation.

"Hollie has started pushing me away, talking back to me and holding a sharper tone. I told her I was taking her back as my secretary, because I'm not fond of her new attitude and now she is saying she will quit. Tell me Alpha, does that sound like my mate or yours?" Jacob questioned in true frustration, with his perception Hollies lack of want to be with him and active resistance was a direct affront and it was guided by Elizabeth who was known to be difficult with Jason.

"Hollie is so sweet though, man." Mark said a bit shocked at how Jacob was describing her attitude.

"Marks mate can be a bitch, too." Jason said with a shrug. Defending, but also not, defending Elizabeth.

"She's fucking pregnant, you dick." The blonde hair beta said while glaring at the unaffected Alpha.

"I'm aware. I've been listening to her complain about him for the last ten minutes through the walls." Jacob said back, now putting it together that
Samantha was a problem as well as.

"Keeping them away from each other is not going to make any of our situations better." The Alpha stated being the sound of reason at the moment, since Jacob was so passionate in his frustration, his feathers throughly ruffled. "I'll handle Hollie. You go relax."

"I'm not leaving until she comes with me." Jacob said back stiffly.

"Jacob, go. I am handling this. "  Jason responded in his deep tone with authority, knowing that Jacob would not be beneficial in the moment.

"Tell her I'll be back at 12:30 for lunch and to be ready." He responded in his own deep tone, frustration further lining his voice as he walked away with stiff shoulders and taking deep breaths.

"I fucking cancelled a training for this bullshit." Jason said walking forward with a shake of his head, Mark following suit, both of them in tan shirts and green shorts.

"I'm not complaining." Mark snickered behind Jason "I didn't feel like doing it anyw-" he was abruptly cut off by the sharp tone of Samantha as soon as they entered the door.

"You smell disgusting." She spat out at him, as he smelled even more potent of cigarettes. "Still smoking, I see." Her gray blue eyes glaring at him hard.

"You were already mad, why not?" He shrugged.

"Ladies, sorry to keep you waiting." Jason said ignoring the exchange between Mark and Samantha. "However, had I known, you would not have needed to wait."

"You weren't invited." Elizabeth said back stiffly.

"A fact, I care little about." He said with his own shrug, his green eyes looking over to the rack of dresses all contained within neat black garment bags. His tall frame walking over to them and beginning to shift the hangers about in idle curiosity of what laid within each bag. "And since I was not informed, we will be finding you a more reliable secretary. Hollie will be going back to Jacob. She is better suited under his direction."