You Called Her?

"You look..." he said taking in her appearance as she stood fidgeting by the door, and still finding her to be incredibly beautiful despite her current rough unpolished presentation. "Terrible." His green eyes rolled over to the table she had setup as he began to stand from his desk and walk over in its direction.

"What can I help you with so I can be on my way?" She said not looking at him, but remaining focused on the floor, her body unconsciously shifting closer to the door.

"The wines not open." He said as he straightened the fork on the table from its crooked position, and began to shift the rest of the setting to a more acceptable arrangement, everything being moved ever so slightly to adopt the perfect order.

She briskly walked over to the table and grabbed the corkscrew, using her still shaky left hand to hold it in place in the center and her right hand to drive the screw down with a firmer grip. The sound of the cork popping followed by the clinking of the tool as it was haplessly discarded on the cart showed that was done, however she not walking away upon its completion,  assuming he would find another way to tax her.

"My glass needs to be filled." He said in a bored manner, as if he should not have to direct her every step of the way, assuming his seat at the table as he watched her pick up the bottle and begin to pour the red liquid into the cup. "This is a good look for you." He said with a smirk looking up at her concentrated face on the floor, receiving a satisfying side eye from her in quiet frustration.

"May I go now?" She said as she deposited the bottle back into the ice bucket to keep it chilled.

"No, you'll stay. I'd like company while I eat." His eyes watched her huff and give a hard stare to the books at the side of the room.

"If you want company, I suggest you call Amber back. She would undoubtedly be more entertaining." Her teeth gritted through her words as she felt his smug expression linger on her face, she preferring to return back to the hot kitchen and zone out until the day was done with mechanical fixation on the tasks needing to be done.

"No. You'll be suitable enough." He said giving her a small smile before taking a sip of the wine. "Are you fond of the kitchen?" He asked sounding sincere as if he was truly concerned about her comfortability in her new position, his eyes showing the slightest twinkle of pleasure as he began to fork some pasta.

"I like it very much, it's why I very much would like to return to work." She said smiling back at him, her irritation clearly evident in her eyes.

"You could always give cleaning a try." He mused as he took a large bite of the food and then leaned back in the chair as he began to chew, washing it down with some wine as he looked back at her. "My office could use some reorganization. Tidying up, so to speak."

"I'm sure you already have someone tending to it that you can have fix that problem for you." She said back quickly, much preferring to be coated in sweat in the sweltering kitchen, than to be assigned to his office and face his endless pointed remarks.

"Well, it wouldn't really be your decision." He said with a shrug. His eyes trailing from her face and down the baggy flour and sauce coated uniform she was wearing, his arm extending out and reaching to grab at the back of her knee. Delicate fingers sliding up the back of her dress and stopping up her upper thigh where he gave a squeeze. "Of course another option is childcare."

"I don't see children in my future." She said stepping to the side to slip out of his finger grip, her skin feeling the sudden loss of his warm touch but her mind being all the better for it.

"Did you know that the omegas have their own quarters in the pack house?" He returned to forking more food and popping it into his mouth.

"Well, that's the best thing I've heard today." She replied back quickly, matching his slightly mocking tone.