Divided Interests

"Have a seat Hollie." Jason said directing her to sit across from his at the desk. "Do you want a drink? I certainly need one." He said with a light laugh, as he went over to his liquor cabinet and began to pour a three fingered scotch at noon.

"Yes, please." She said with a small nod in her gentle tone, despite his casual demeanor at present she was nervous to hear what he was going to say, and felt a drink might help quell some of her anxiety.

"Red or white?" He questioned back as he took a quick sip of his own drink.

"Whiskey?" Her soft brown eyes looked back at his nervously with furrowed brows before quickly dropping back to her lap, she not noticing his arched eyebrow of light surprise as he looked back at her.

"Straight?"

"Yes, please." She said again softly.

"Alright, whiskey it is." He said pulling out another glass decanter and giving her a two fingered pour. When he was finished with her drink he walked over and handed it to her before he walked round to his side of the desk and took his seat in his typical lazy lean with his glass suspended in the air through use of a propped elbow. "Do you want to explain to me what's going on?"

"Not really." She said back honestly, taking a quick sip of her whiskey. Knowing her response would not be accepted.

"Hollie, I can't have my Master Beta losing his composure because you two are bickering." His voice     calm and of a normal volume. His eyes, while absent of emotion, still holding a darker color from their usual, but not because of anything she had done.

"Jacob is out of line." Her soft brown eyes rose to meet his for only a few seconds before adverting to the side and taking another birdlike sip of the whiskey, her shoulders rising before immediately  falling to accentuate her quick inhale followed by a heavy exhale.

"How is he out of line?" Jason questioned, keeping his face neutral as he watched her nervously twitch in front of him.

"Alpha Jason." She looked directly into his eyes with her shoulders straightening and a look of tired frustration. "I have been in this pack for six years, since I was seventeen years old, when he brought me here. Never once have I caused you a problem or needed reprimanding, like I have seen other wolves require frequently. I have kept quiet and kept to myself. I also have an impeccable work history.

The fact that I am in your office right now is absolutely infuriating, and only makes me dislike my mate more at the moment. I am in your office right now because for the first time in six years, I have found something that I liked and wanted to do that did not align with his needs and wants. It is entirely unfair that I am being reprimanded for wanting to do something on my own, because my mate happens to be your Master Beta, and one of your close friends.

I have held off on having children, because that is what he wanted to do. I barely see my own family because of his busy schedule. I have went without public affection because of his paranoia of my safety. I have worked tirelessly with him during all his long nights only to go home with him and continue to work and still come in the morning and have a pleasant demeanor. I have never once complained.

I have devoted myself entirely for his betterment, and Ill admit I did not dislike doing so at the time, but I wanted a change and found that I liked the change and now he's trying to force me back into what has become so boring and tedious for me.

I have tried to tell him I liked what I was doing, I have tried to get him to realize our relationship is better with some time spent apart, but he doesn't see it. All he see's is a change in his normal routine and he doesn't like it." She was almost out of breath as she completely released her pent up frustration, some of which she had not realized she had held a resentment for, until her lips started moving and it just flowed out of her like a wide open faucet. She looked up at the ceiling for a moment and rapidly blinked her eyes to keep at bay the wetness that was growing in between her lashes. Her efforts proving  effective as she sighed and looked back at him with only the faintest glossy shine coating her orbs, keeping her own composure in the moment with an incredible grace.