Tell Me More...

As they walked through the double doors, an audible gasp emitted from Elizabeth when she was greeted with a room where instead of walls existed massive windows which gave way to the gray mountains to which they were in such close proximity. The trees that surrounded the front entrance of the B&B, most definitely concealing the majestic view which was only available in the dining room as if for its pleasure alone. There were many tables dispersed throughout the room, all covered in perfectly starched white cloth and containing cutlery in beautifully folded napkins and each table holding an assortment of glasses for both wine and water in anticipation of guests. Each table adorned with a lit candle and fresh flower arrangements only to add to the mood of the surrounding environment.

There was a gentle rumble of conversations surrounding them by the near packed room, as they were lead to the table that was in center point of the windowed walls. Instead of two wine glasses on the table, there was only one, the other glass having been subbed out with a short glass of scotch three fingers talls and an ice sphere sitting heavily within the liquid.

"Your usual Mr. Stone," said the hostess, before turning to Elizabeth. "And for you Miss?" her eyes prodding to the empty wine glass, alluding to the fact that she was asking for a drink order.

"Oh um," she said while taking her seat and blushing in embarrassment as she was brought back out of her stupor induced from the view. "Uh, I'll take a cabernet, house is fine." she said with a nod,

"Shell take the '73." he interjected causing her head to snap over to him, as he changed her order infront of her.

"The '73, perfect. I'll be right back with that, and your waiter Tyler will be over shortly to take your order after you've had time to digest the menu." she said with a nod and another quick turn on the heel before she once again disappeared now on the opposite side of the double doors.

While she found his direction extremely attractive, she was slightly annoyed as she looked down at the menu and saw that the cost of a glass of the '73 was running around 26 dollars a pop. The whole menu alone was so expensive that she could easily blow her weekly budget for food in this one meal.

"Don't look at the prices. I'm paying." he added obviously noticing the concern laced in her face as she perused the menu.

"I don't need you to pay for me." she said returning his look.

"But I want to. I brought you here, so it's only reasonable that I do so." he rationalized with her. She then quickly remembered that he was probably loaded so this was a mere drop in the ocean for him, while it was most certainly not for her and she visibly relaxed her demeanor.

"Fair, but when we head into town I buy our first round of drinks. There's this place called Harleys and they're playing live music tonight, we should check it out." she said, quickly making sure that she was able to contribute something to their day spent in town.

Fucking Harleys, an internal gag formed within him but did not show. It was a disgusting bar he had frequented a couple of times with his Beta Mark and each time he went there he felt the need to take several showers to remove the filth from his body.

"Oh yeah, I've been there. It's a cool place." he said with feigned excitement in his voice. "So, tell me about yourself." he said, as his hand wrapped around the glass already preset on the table for him and bringing it to his lips for a small sip of its contents, no change in his demeanor evident from the potent taste of the liquid.

"Well what would you like to know?" she questioned, as that was a pretty large question that could literally lead to anywhere.

"Hmmm... tell me something interesting about yourself." he said in a prodding manner while still being vague. "Your claim to fame so to speak."