Submit

Promptly at 4pm, Jason entered the room and finished the session for the day. They said their goodbyes and gave assurances that they would see the gentleman the next day. Jason momentarily pulling Geoffrey aside to have a more private conversation and receive an update before taking her hand and leaving the pack house followed by them getting into the car and heading home. He seemed slightly distracted, and did not say a word on their car ride home, but he did not seem angry and that gave her the smallest comfort.

When they finally walked through the front door, and he locked it behind them with that ever present jingle of the keys, the smell of food was overwhelming and made Elizabeth instantly hungry. The table was already set and waiting for them in the same manner it was the night before, with dim lighting around the entire ground floor and the warm glow of candles set around an elegant table spread of cutlery and food. He ushered her over to the table and pulled her seat out and then pushed her in still with the same lost in thought expression on his face. Only truly becoming present when he took his own seat after pouring them each a glass of wine, this time it being chardonnay.

His green eyes looked over to her and a small smile formed when he finally took in her features and was able to acknowledge her presence in the forefront of his mind. "I heard you did really well today." he said in a complimenting manner.

"Yes... I like Geoffrey, he's very nice." she said grabbing at her glass of wine to take a sipping of it, watching his warm expression and now finding it curious as to what had him so over run in thought earlier.

"He said that you were very well mannered and well behaved." he added, maintaining his smile and his eyes showing a small twinkle of satisfaction. "I'm proud of you."

"Gee, thanks dad." she said looking down at her lap after emitting a small laugh. His eyes hardened momentarily before relaxing, choosing to believe it was her way of displaying humor rather than being sarcastic.

"What did you learn today?" he asked, as he leaned back in his chair, the glass still in hand lazily suspended in the air as his elbow provided support through the armrest.

"Well..." she said, looking up at him for a moment before dropping her eyes to the elaborate napkin folded on her plate and opting to open it and spread it on her lap. "I learned about the titles and basic roles of the pack." she said with a shrug. "But you already knew that." her eyes looking over to him before dropping to the silverware and being slightly shocked to see a butter knife provided to her. 

He arched an eyebrow at her as he took another sip of the wine, noticing her directness and being familiar with where it usually led. "It is important information to know."

"Yes, I have to know my place." she mumbled slightly feistily, her finger shifting the fork on the table from side to side for distraction.

"And what is your place?" he questioned, ignoring her little attitude that was forming, being interested in her response.

"Well... I assume I'm an omega..." She said, looking at the covered food trays and becoming hungrier by the moment.

"An Omega?" he said having to hide a little smirk, while simultaneously holding back a laugh. "Why are you an Omega?"

"Are we going to eat?" she looked over to him, and then back to the food trays, and then back to him. Showing with her eyes her desire to eat.

"Sure. But we're coming back to this conversation after we've been served." he said with a nod. "Mary, we're ready." his voice growing louder so that the older woman knew her entrance was permitted, and she appeared rapidly at his beckoning.

"Good evening Alpha, Miss. Elizabeth."

"Omega." he said with a grin and looking at the woman seated to his side who returned his grin with a glare.