A Storms Coming

"I need you to explain to me what happened." Joseph said, after a few moments of allowing her to cry and process her emotions. He moved closer to her during the silence, but stopped at the end of the table in order to keep ample distance. Geoffrey sat in the background, watching the scenario as if he was an outside spectator, seeking no involvement currently.

"I can't stay here. I can't live like this!" she cried out in frustration as tears streamed down her cheeks. "I would rather die than spend one more minute in this God forsaken place!"

"Miss. Elizabeth.. Don't talk like that. I told you it will get better, you jus-" Joseph said trying to placate the emotional woman, but was cut off in his efforts by her exasperation.

"No! No it wont! I listened to you, I didn't argue and he still snapped like the fucking psychopath he is! I'm losing my mind here!" she said puling at her hair as the tears steadied their stream down her face, bloodshot hazel eyes staring at the distant heavy clouds rolling in, darkening the outside landscape. Her frenzied thoughts beginning to process and organize, trying to collectively gather a coherent idea on how she was going to get away from this personal hell, even if that meant she would be doing so through a possible torrential downpour.

"I can't let you go. You know that right, Miss Elizabeth?" the guard said watching her intently as she was very apparently melting down in front of him.

She looked over to him with a a sad desperate expression on her face, a single tear rolling down her cheek as her eyes slowly lost any feel of vitality within them. A bolt of lightning and the resulting rumble of thunder nearby only causing the smallest twitch of her eye lids in recognition. "You're just as bad as the rest." she said in the smallest voice possible. The rain seemed to assault the grounds out of no where, and was now pelting at the window with a force that blurred the outside from their view.

"Miss. Elizabeth..." Joseph sighed looking at the floor as the young woman stepped closer to the bay window eventually taking a seat on the thick ledge covered with plush pillows for the comfort of those who opted to take in the view. "It will get better. I pro-" his head snapped up as he heard the shattering of glass and a gasp emit from Geoffrey behind him.

Elizabeth had punched through the window wearing the same blank expression, her hand was shredded from the shards of glass, but more concerningly she put use to one of the shards still affixed to the lattice metal frame and forced her arm down on top of it dragging it down the length of it all the way to the end of the inside of her wrist. Blood was spilling out of the long laceration as if it was a powerful flowing river.

"What the fuck are you doing!?" Joseph yelled as he ran over to her and ripped her from the window before she could successfully do the same with her other arm. Geoffrey was quickly trying to raise his body from the seat as fast as his old bones would allow as Joseph quickly undid his belt to fashion a tourniquet around her arm. "Why did you do this!?" he yelled at her as he then stripped his shirt and began to tightly affix it around the open wound, it growing red almost as soon as he placed it on, her face holding the same blank unmoving expression.

"Hey y'all, Beta Jacob sent me down here to check on y-" Mark had sauntered into the room lackadaisically after being given orders by the Master Beta to check on Elizabeth while he and Cane dealt with the Alpha who was currently in the process of destroying his office. His expression immediately went from his usual carefree smartass self to one of panic as he ran over to Joseph who was attending to the wounds. "What the hell happened!?"

"She punched through the window! She shouldn't have been able to, they're so thick, but she did and then she made that laceration with that shard still in the frame. She tried to get her other arm but Joseph stopped her. She cut it deep, she needs medical attention!" the old man stated frantically watching them, a hand pressing to his mouth as he watched on anxiously.