Baby Steps

"That son of a bitch." Jason seethed as he poured a glass of scotch with a shaking hand, as he and two of the three betas stood around the long dining room table, feeling a vibrating anger radiating throughout his body at the end of Jacob's phone call.

"We made some headway, I'm sure we'll come upon a positive resolution." Jacob said with a nod, as Jason passed him the decanter and he poured his own glass, matching Jason's three finger length pour. Passing it to Mark, who sat there with a heavily blackened eye that swelled his lid shut.

"He's a dick, and so is his son." Mark stated as he took a more liberal pour of the dark liquor, hoping it would provide some relief to his pulsating eye.

"I'm sure if we provide a nice picture for them during her call with the Master Beta, they will be more willing to assist us." Jacob said as he took a quick sip of the beverage.

"And how the fuck are we going to do that? She's fucking bipolar." Jason said with a hard glare. One minute she was trembling in pleasure provided by his cock, and the next moment she's crying in the closet upset about being showered in expensive clothes.

"The hospital did provide some mood stabilizers. They may prove useful in tempering her demeanor." the Master Beta responded. "Let's not forget that she has experienced extreme fluctuations in her hormones and that this may be playing a factor in her emotions right now. Now that she is marked, her affection towards you should only intensify." the ever present logic slipping out with each of Jacob's words.

"She wont take the medication willingly, not after you forced a needle into her arm." Mark said, showing a remarkable amount of thought that was not normally indicative of his character.

"She's in her first week of her cycle. Now that we know its her first heat, we can expect it to be intense. She will be hungry, and we can slip it into her food. She would be none the wiser." Jacob responded in his same usual even tone.

"Mary." Jason called out to the closed door she stayed behind since she came to reside in the home during Elizabeth's transition.

After a few moments of shuffling behind its depths the cook emerged at the table, "Yes Alpha?"

"I need you to prepare some food. Something sweet, something loaded with carbs." he said as he recalled other women's craving during the beginning of the cycle. "Something chocolate."

Her mind knowing instantly where he was going as she had overheard their mention of the young Mistresses heat. "I can make a double chocolate muffin, with extra chips?" she said as a suggestion.

"Yes. That would be perfect." he said agreeing wholeheartedly with her suggestion. "Mark, go get her medication." Jason said with a light glare in his eyes, still finding him irritating from earlier.

'Yes Alpha." he said as he took a heavy swig of the drink, and stood up from the table to run out to the car.

"And bring in the flowers." Jason shouted out to him before he made it out the front door.

"You got it." he did a small salute upon his exit.

"How much did you administer? How long will she be out?" Jason looked over to the Master Beta as he remained lost in thought.

"The muffins will still be warm by the time she wakes. I only gave her enough to stop the storm and provide her with some rest to ease the tension." Jacob replied. "Did the mating go smoothly?" he questioned looking at the Alpha, delving for further details into how the situation had turned.

"Perfectly." Jason replied in irritation, recalling the events and trying to discern where the change happened. "She was only upset that I didn't use a condom, she said she didn't want to get pregnant, but she was practically begging me to fuck her."