Wounded Pride

After a half an hour of absolute silence between the two, Jason stood from his chair and rapidly ripped her up from hers before shoving her back forcefully towards the stairs. "Time for bed. Go." he said in a severe tone, his eyes watching her stumble forward and then regain her balance wordlessly taking slow steps up the stairs and not daring to look back at him. He followed behind her on the stairs his eyes burning holes into the back of her head and his jaw rhythmically tensing as he clenched and unclenched his teeth.

It irritated him entirely how easily she could piss him off, it was like one of her master skills and something intrinsically woven into her personality. All he wanted to do was care for her, and she returned his favors with active resistance and challenging words. No one dared to speak with him or treat him the way she did, and had she not been his mate she would, in fact, have no teeth or most possibly already be dead. She wouldn't have even gotten half as far with him with what he considered to be her unruly behavior.

When they reached the bedroom, he gave her another forceful shove into the room to quicken her pace, the jingle of keys returned and he locked the door behind them. He recently had been opting to not to bother locking the door, but he was pissed and he was ensuring he did everything in a way to reflect that. He walked past her and shoulder checked her on the way to the laundry basket as he began to strip from his shirt, her small frame stumbling forward slightly as her eyes finally made contact with him again, staring at his exposed strong back.

She knew he was doing everything to intimidate her in the moment, reminding her that her physical strength was nothing compared to his and that she in fact was incredibly weak. Wordlessly showing her that he had the capability to cause extensive damage to her form without much effort.

She watched him carefully as she stepped out of the heels, not wanting to be in them any longer if he was going to keep shoving her about whenever he was close enough to do so, walking into the closet to deposit them in the empty spot on the shelves filled with shoes. She would have closed the door for more privacy as she began to strip her own clothes, however it would not latch due to Jason's forceful entrance earlier and there was no point. If he wanted to see her, he would see her, but at the moment he was walking about the room tending to minor tasks with  his face showing a clear angered distraction.

She bitterly laughed as she perused the clothing once again looking for nightwear, finding them all to be silky and lace covered, not one pair of comfy pajama pants in sight.  As she stood only in her underwear, she selected a black nightgown with spaghetti straps that stopped just above her mid thigh, choosing this outfit only because it was accompanied by a longer matching black robe that covered at least down to her knees. Finally, exiting the closet after she had tightly tied the robe shut and picked up her discarded clothes to place them in the wash basket.

She found it difficult to ignore his glare as he stopped shuffling the papers in front of him on the bed  and clicked his tongue in annoyance as she passed, his eyes following her until she made her way into the bathroom to remove her makeup and brush her teeth.

"Do you know how lucky you are?" He questioned bitterly towards the bathroom her figure had disappeared in.

"Not really. But I'm sure you'll enlighten me." She said back quietly, knowing his personality by now and that he wouldn't let her not respond at this moment, choosing to give him what he wanted as it was the easier option.

"A beautiful home. Fine clothes. Well crafted meals. Protection. Anything you could possibly need or want, I provide for you." Each word spoken sharply as he listed his generous gifts in exaggerated fashion showing his benevolence. "And yet, you act like a insolent little cunt." He said seething as he looked down at the paperwork, fixedly staring at the documents and running numbers through his head as a means to distract his anger.