On Our Terms

Jason stood on the balcony attached to his bedroom on the third story of his large home. A warm cup of coffee in his hand, as he stood there bare chested, his legs covered by low hanging black satin pants designated for sleeping. His back was facing the sliding glass door, the massive dragon tattoo that nearly covered it entirely, getting its moment in the sun as he conversed with Dr. Hamilton and two out of three of his Beta's.

The decision to bring her back to the pack territory last night was definitely going to have ramifications. He however was unconcerned, his mind more focused on the sleeping woman who occupied his bed. Someone who though petite in frame, managed to cover a good portion of the king sized bed. He had no idea how she would wake up, but knew that it wouldn't be with a sunny disposition. One doesn't usually take too kindly being drugged and kidnapped, mate or not.

"I took a couple of vials of blood so that we can do some routine testing. Her vitals are fine and I currently have her hooked up to saline to help aid in removing some of the effects of the alcohol and drugs in her system. I highly advise that the next time you decide you're going to sedate a woman of her size so heavily, you don't do it in combination with alcohol." the doctor said, a stern look on his face in a slightly scolding manner.

"It was out of my hands." Jason not even returning his gaze, opting to stare off at the surrounding forest and the rolling hills in the landscape of his backyard as he took another sip of his black coffee. "I want a detailed analysis as soon as the results come in. I have a feeling she's a noshif."

"Well, I'll get this out to the lab. We should have an answer within twenty four hours regarding her hormone levels which will be able to indicate any abnormality." Dr. Hamilton said, shifting the items in his bag and zippering it up as his business was completed and he could now return back to the pack hospital. "If she wakes up with a headache, which she most likely will, give her some ibuprofen and some strong coffee. Should nip it quickly." and with that he turned on his heel and passed through the sliding glass door,  Mark having to follow so that he could get him out of the home that was currently locked down like a fortress, exclusively due to her presence.

"Alpha, Pinecrest packs leadership is currently highly upset with the turn of events in regards to Miss. Sabattori." Jacob said cooly, his light brown eyes watching Jason intently waiting for the recognition of his words.

"Of course they are." Jason said with a shrug, he really couldn't care less. Pinecrest had become aware of her being taken within moments of the cabin being cleared, which resulted in frenzied calls to the ambassador of Shaded Mountain, all being unanswered until clear communication could be provided through the lines on their end internally. "I want the patrol units doubled, activate the reserves and have them be ready. I don't anticipate them mobilizing their pack right now, but I don't want us blindsided in case they are fucking stupid and want to play games." he said, already growing irritated at the thought of the possibility of Pinecrest making an irrational decision.

"I think that's wise. We will have to return their calls, and we should do so soon so that we can gauge where they are at." Jacob said with a nod, his eyes on his phone as he began to text out orders to his subordinates.

"That is fine. Tell them there was reasonable enough suspicion to consider her a flight risk, and that the terms will change for our meeting. They will meet with us on territory, in my home. We will utilize the boardroom on the second floor. Have extra units nearby and ready to respond. Their behavior will determine whether or not they will get to see her before they leave." another sip of his coffee taken as he looked back over his shoulder staring at the sleeping beauty who would be waking soon, the only thing currently giving him a light anxiety.

Mark came back out onto the balcony, a hand holding his phone to his ear and already answering questions from the armory based off of Jacobs recent orders. His normal playful demeanor being muted by his stern and firm tone. Ending the call shortly after his arrival. "Beta Cane will be returning from the Iron Isles pack. I'm not sure if he will make our meeting, but he is trying."

"Good, I'd prefer for you all to be present." Jason said with a nod. Looking in between the two of them. "I'll also need a guard present to keep watch over her while the meeting is conducted. Jacob, I'll defer the choice to you, make a good selection and make sure he is already mated."

"Yes Alpha." Jacob replied quickly, obviously already having a candidate in mind. "Is there anything else you need before we leave to oversee the preparations?"

"Yes..." he said as he ran his fingers through his long hair in a thoughtful manner. "Send one of the chefs from the pack house, I want an entire week of food meal prepped. Also, arrange to have the maid come in daily instead of weekly. I'll need some help around the house until she adjusts to her new environment."

"Good idea." Jacob replied, with a nod from Mark as well. "We'll be off then. I'll let you know once we have discussed the new arrangement with Pinecrest."

"Perfect." he said following them off the balcony and back into his bedroom, his eyes trailing over to the small exposed amount of blonde hair ruffled under the blankets, any minute now she would be waking up. Something that both excited him and terrified him.