A New Routine

Over the next several weeks, they seemed to fall into a new routine with one another. Elizabeth had asked for Jason to have Mary the chef, return to her normal responsibilities outside of the home and also requested that Claire have reduced hours, now only coming a few times a week to help with the large place. He was surprised at her in asking him, not understanding why she wouldn't want the catering help around the home, which he had wanted to provide for her, but he didn't argue and just did as she asked.

His only request in return was that Elizabeth would leave the laundering to Claire or otherwise in the care of a professional cleaner, his own request inspired as he watched her haplessly throw a large load of clothes into the washing machine without a care for color or material type, and setting the machine to normal despite it containing delicates and other items that should have been bleached or otherwise more carefully tended to. Despite his grimacing at watching the disaster before him, he said nothing and allowed her to proceed with the first and only load she would attend to, before gently taking over the task himself until it reached completion.

Shelby had returned only days after Elizabeth, and would be attached to Elizabeth unless Jason was present. The dog now had a clear preference to the Alpha which annoyed the young woman to no end. She was just not able to bond with the dog in the way that he could. She being unaware that he took the dog out every morning as she slept in bed and would take her on shifted runs through the woods to provide the canine with exercise, as he conducted perimeter checks in the dark of the early day before the sun would rise. Elizabeth just assumed that Shelby recognized his commanding presence, as a way to make peace with her dogs emotional abandonment when he was present, but it was that Jason actually had developed a soft spot for the dog, who quickly became one of the most loyal and obedient subjects he had and was always overly enthusiastic to see him.

Each morning they would make their own bed together after Elizabeth rose,as he always seemed to wake before her and be half dressed for the day by the time she rose. She picked up on the fact that he wouldn't finish dressing until she did, finding a tie to match her outfit and one day actually changing his suit as there was a stark disparity to hers and his choices for the day and he obviously desired that they had a uniform look. He always wore his ring on his hand now, no longing choosing to opt for it around his neck, she herself had never taken hers off.

They would have breakfast together before he left for the pack house, he would return for lunch and then once again return for dinner. He seemed to be fond of the meals she made, even though they weren't as skilled as the chefs, they seemed to be more comforting and tasted of home. Sometimes he would even help her in the kitchen by chopping some vegetables or cutting the fats from meats, always at the end of the meal he would help her clean up.

They learned more about each other during this time than they ever had the opportunity to gather before. He was orderly, and he had a specific set of ways he liked things done, and she was eclectic and more carefree. Elizabeth was the type to leave the milk sitting out on the counter idly after she poured it into a lazy cereal breakfast, finishing her bowl before putting it back in the fridge. Jason was the type who could not stand seeing it sit out and would place it back in the fridge before she could finish and do so herself.

He couldn't keep his hands off her. Sometimes he would make love to her three times a day before each meal. Sometimes it was slow and sweet, other times fast and rushed, but every time it was earth shatteringly pleasurable. He seemed to be insatiable, and she in turn loved and came to expect his never ending affection. One night where he was exceptionally tired and made no advance she felt compelled to ask if she had done something wrong, to which he mustered up enough energy to give them both a quick release, finding her questioning extremely arousing. Had she not been on birth control, she would have absolutely been pregnant by now with how frequently he inhabited her body.