Hope

"You seem to really like that ring." His green eyes dipping down to the new piece of jewelry he had recently purchased, before returning to her enamored stare on the shimmering rock snugly placed on her left ring finger.

"I do." She said with a gentle nod, before her eyes falling onto his on his own left hand. "I also really like yours." She said honestly, her eyes taking it in, glinting with a bit of pride as he wore it in little protest choosing to humor her in their little outing.

"It looks nice." He said glancing down at it momentarily and giving her the satisfaction that she indeed picked well."I honestly didn't think you were materialistic." His own words showing his surprise still in effect at how set she was on both of them wearing a piece of metal around their fingers

"I'm not materialistic." She said back quickly her tone carrying an offense to his word.

"The bill from the jeweler would say otherwise." He said back in a joking manner as he leaned against his chair he sat upon in the bustling restaurant.

"Need I remind you that I did not pick out my ring? I was far more conservative with my choice than you were." She stating that the materialistic one was him, her hand wrapping around the stem of her glass as she raised it and drew some wine into her mouth.

"You're the one who wanted the rings bad enough to present your naturally derived female talent of manipulation in order to get them." He said back firmly, showing he was definitely aware of her actions at this point, his response not denying or admitting his hand in the expense of the matter. His clear realization only stemming from the fact that she seemed too modest to fuck him at his parents home, but melted like butter under his grip as he slammed into her body in front of the store fronts large open windows only after he bought those rings. He also knowing he gave her the ammunition by whining about the unfairness of her withholding her affection, and taking note to mind his words in the future.

"Well, I should have a ring." She said with a shrug, her own response not denying or admitting his blunt statement and the hand she played to make it form. "And so should you."

"I initially wanted to  purchase it so you would be more comfortable at the meeting, I didn't anticipate this being a continuous thing." He said with diverting his eyes away momentarily as he raised his scotch to his lips. Even though it was a traditional thing with the regs and normal in their world, a physical object representation of the unification of romantic partners, he found her request more so demand quite endearing. It felt weird on his hand, a foreign object inhibiting his hands natural lay, but it was something he would quickly get used to, finding a deep warmth inside him that she in her own way wanted to show her claim of him.

He was serious about the need to switch it to a necklace when he was out and about so he wouldn't be put in a situation where it could be lost in spontaneity, but when she looked at him with large excited swirling hazel orbs and asked if he was going to try it on, he was unable to decline. Opting to keep it on as they had a late lunch in the depths of the city, his own desire having been fed and satisfied by her successful tactic against him, which in reality wasn't a selfish act but it was a distorted way of her showing her mark on him indicative on their very different upbringing.

"Well, it is." She said back with a nod. "I think it's unfair that males get to scar their chosen partner but walk about as if they themselves are unattached." Taking another sip of her wine as she gave a very much matter of fact eye roll at the clear sexism.

"So you like me enough now, that you want to make sure everyone knows I'm taken?" His green eyes landed back on her as he arched his eyebrow. "And just to be clear, you want me to wear this-" his opposite pointer finger poking at the thick black band. "But refuse to come home with me?"