What's the problem?

"Miss. Elizabeth, it is important that you choose your words carefully as you speak with your Uncle. Im sure you recall that the last time you spoke with him there was an air of tension." Jacob said to her carefully, as he prepared her for the video call, having her seated in the same room where she saw her Uncle last in front of a laptop idly waiting to be utilized.

"Of course." she replied dully, knowing his elaborate selection of words was contrived in a way to curb any chance that she may say something which would alarm her family and cause them to take action. She also knowing that if she did say anything concerning that it would result in turmoil for both parties.

The master beta watched her carefully before he gave a brief nod acknowledging he believed she was clear on his gentle suggestion. Jason sat across the table from her watching her face as Jacob reached in front of her to click the call button on the skype screen, the ringing sound seeming to reverberate around the room.

The repetitive chimes sounding for a few seconds before the call was picked up and Alpha Ryan along with Uncle Dominick appeared on the screen, their faces showing shock initially from her done up appearance and then changing to relief as they saw her unharmed face.

"Elizabeth." Uncle Dominick sighed out with a deep exhale. "How are you?"

"I am as well as can be expected." she said with a gentle shrug, a small smile forming as she took in the familiar faces staring back at her on the screen. "How are you? And how is Aunt Shelly?" she asked back quickly, finding a new energy now that the call had become a reality.

"We are both well, but terribly worried about you. She didn't talk to me for days when I didn't bring you home, but she's coming around now." Uncle Dominick replied, showing to her that Aunt Shelly still was the one who held the reigns in the relationship.

"I understand you were upset earlier." Alpha Ryan stated frankly. Jacob and Jason exchanging looks to each other which went unnoticed by Elizabeth.

"I was." she said with a small nod, her eyes looking between the two men in the room as if soliciting an appropriate response.

"Are you alone?" Alpha Ryan questioned noticing her eyes diverting off screen.

"I am with the Alpha and the Master Beta." she said back, Jason exhibiting a slight narrowing of the eyes as he was called the Alpha, finding it rather impersonal.

"Have them leave. This call is between us." Ryan said sharply, knowing full well the men could hear his firm tone.

Elizabeth's eyes traced a line in between Jacob and Jason in a questioning manner, her lips slightly parted as if she was unsure how to proceed. It would be impossible for her to make them leave if they did not want to do so on their own accord, but she also didn't want to deny Ryan and have the call cut short due to their presence.

"It's fine Elizabeth." Jason said in an equally firm tone, remembering once again just how annoying the older Alpha was. "We'll go get some coffee, enjoy yourself." he said with a nod, his body betraying his words as he reluctantly rose from his seat and motioned for Jacob to head to the door with another nod.

"Call if you need anything." Jacob said, as both the men slipped through the entrance of the room and closed the door behind them.

"Are they gone?" Ryan asked, looking at the pale blonde on the screen and taking in her demure new look.

"Yes, they left." she said back, her eyes now returning to the screen, leaving the door from which they exited.

"Pick up the computer and rotate it so I can be sure you're truly alone." the alpha directed, airing on the side of caution.