Routine Followup

Mark and Elizabeth arrived at the pack hospital with ten minutes to spare, he leading her up to the third floor by elevator which held examination rooms, and several private offices for the doctors who worked at the facility. When the medical assistant at the front office desk saw the Beta and the woman he was with, they immediately started to do her intake for the office visit, despite them being early.

She was weighed and her blood pressure was taken, and then she was brought into an exam room where she was asked about how she was feeling, her arm was checked and met with approval now that it had appeared to be healed, she was asked about her mood and if she was experiencing any concerning thoughts. She gave short answers for the most part, only citing that she was having difficulty sleeping at night which only recently developed within the last few days, the woman nodded in response and said she would let the doctor know.

Mark was completely uninvolved as the woman began to draw labs from Elizabeth, he was fidgeting on his phone in mild distraction with a game that involved balls having to to hit blocks a certain amount of times before they would break away, the end goal was being able to remove the blocks without losing the balls before the task was done. There was a clear rationale made obvious to her as to why he was the more expendable Beta to take her around for things such as doctor appointments, as he leaned heavily back in the chair by the door with his leg lazily propped on the other, absorbed in his game. He however, did have his own purpose, she was just unclear as to what exactly that purpose was.

"Okay, so I'll send these to the lab for a stat reading." the assistant said as she placed the various colored tubes in a bag and sealed it. "Shouldn't be more than a half an hour. Before I go, I'm going to administer your first shot, and I'll send you home with the next one which you'll take in another three months. I suggest you put it in your phone calendar so you don't forget." she said as she began to open up a  long box with a prefilled syringe, obviously picking up on Elizabeth's facial expression in confusion as she had not had a chance to speak with the doctor yet. "Alpha Jason called earlier afraid he wouldn't make it in time, but said you two had discussed and decided on a birth control. He wanted to make sure it was administered as he might be unavailable to do it himself later."

Elizabeth immediately noticed Mark's attention on her at the words birth control, a slightly shocked expression appearing on his face for only a second before he immediately went back to his game as if he did not just do so. "Makes sense." Elizabeth said in mild response, looking away from the arm the assistant was currently cleaning with alcohol, the same way she did as when she was having her labs drawn. Not wanting to see the needle as it entered her bicep, and wincing only slightly as the pointed tip delved into her arm breaking the skin in a pinprick mark.

"Alright, you're all set. The doctor will call you back as soon as the labs are reviewed." she said as she deposited the used syringe in the sharps container, handing Elizabeth a new box unopened with another pre fllled syringe for her next dose, and then walking out with the bag of tubes.

"Birth control, huh.. How did you manage that?" Marks voice quiet and holding mild wonder, but he not even bothering to look up from his phone, it sounding more like a rhetorical question than one in which he was looking for an actual answer. To which she looked away from him and did not respond.

———————

After forty minutes had passed, and Elizabeth and Mark sat in silence with just the low sound of his game play only disrupted a few times to respond to text messages, there was a knock on the door and Elizabeth's head snapped over hoping it was Jason.

However, she should have known better and not have built up her hopes for them only to be dashed when the medical assistant emerged from behind the door, Jason would never have knocked before walking in. "Miss. Sabattorri, Dr. Hamilton has reviewed your labs and is ready to see you in his office." Mark stopping his game to send another text before looking over to the assistant with a nod and beginning to stand.