A Slight Delay On Pay Day

"Get dressed." she said sharply, her gold eyes flickering over to his reflection in the mirror, her angled view showing him slumped over on the edge of the bed with his head hanging low. Her stare diverting as she finished applying the deep red lipstick to her plump lips, only to quickly return to his frame in the reflective glass.

"I cannot do this." he said quietly with a shake of his head, not even having the energy to raise his head, defeat clearly worn all over his person.

"It wasn't a request. Get up, and get dressed." her words filled with venom as she placed the lipstick tube back down on the counter and began to fuss with the elegantly styled hair on top of her head. She rapidly drafted a plan with what little time she was provided and had a stylist come assemble her hair elegantly in a curled up-do which had spirals spilling out to frame her face. Another member of the entourage had brought three cuts of dresses for her choosing and rapidly tailored her choice to her bodies measurements. She looked stunning.

Her dress was a vibrant red, a single shoulder covered with a thick elegant embroidered lace strap, leaving her left shoulder bare where she could proudly show off her mates mark, despite finding him to be entirely lacking in the moment.  The fabric tightly clung to her form before the dresses long length loosened and gave her legs a reprieve from its snug fit, descending down to her ankles, a deep slit on one side teasing a show of her toned legs all the way up to her mid thigh. Black strapped heels allowed a peek of her pedicured toes, and gave her the additional needed height for the men she was about to encounter who would all tower over petite figure.

She was going to paint a picture. She was going to be the belle of the ball and the damsel in distress, and she would make the Shaded Mountain pack alpha look like a jaded lover to which she freed herself from. Her gold eyes accentuated and somewhat softened ironically with the sultry smoky makeup look in effect. It was going to be an easy part for her to play, as eyes would focus and consequently ears would deafen.

His head slowly rose and vacant eyes looked over to her, a deep purple surrounding his right eye, and dried blood still trailing below his nose and lips. He was now numb to the pain sensation, he had become numb to everything. Even as he slowly stood, his bruised ribs and arms did not give way to any signs of distress emitted from his lips as he slowly walked over to the closet in search of an suitable outfit to wear.

"I'm sure you understand why I was upset with you earlier." she said from in front of the mirror as she sprayed a subtle floral perfume on the insides of her wrists and then neck. "But I forgive you.. "

"Thanks." he said blankly, as he stepped into black dress pants slowly, and then began rummaging for an appropriate shirt, opting for a matching red as he knew she would make him change if they did not appear unified.

"You need to be stronger, and not let him take over." she said, her eyes flickering over to him as he began to button the shirt,a small smile of satisfaction brewing on her lips as her eyes scoured his still exposed skin, their shade darkening lightly with a lust behind them.

"I know..." his voice growing quieter with each response, as he was tucking the shirt into the pants and affixing a belt before pursuing a tie.

"I don't want you talking tonight, unless necessary. Do not feed into any conversation directed towards you. They will try because they know how much I cherish you." she said walking over to him slowly, her hands grabbing gently at his sides allowing her fingernails to scratch at his skin through the shirt.

"Do you?" he questioned, his blue eyes weak as he looked down at her gold eyes and saw her deceiving gentle smile.

"Do I, what?" she asked back with slightly furrowed brows her head tilting to the side further probing his question.