The Past Meets The Present

The young woman stared at his back as he walked away, the intense gold eyes glowing in the dark beginning to radiate with anger. Many lifetimes had passed, many lives lost and wasted in the pursuit. The fractured souls in an elegant tango without physical touch, dancing around one another and missing their moment of connection whether due to timing or unfortunate circumstances.

This would not be another wasted lifetime, another near miss. It was so attainable that it could be grasped within delicate pale fingers clutching it tightly. The blue eyed man was being a fool, denying what he intrinsically knew to be true, all because it had not presented the way he wanted. Alex had known he was bound to the young woman as soon as he met her, but he could not open his eyes and see the cause for that binding.  Elizabeth was the one who had refused it in the beginning from her lack of knowledge in the life she was hidden from, but now he was so deeply embedded within her and consuming her, that it no longer mattered whether she chose to acknowledge it or not.

Like a parasite he infected her, ripping through her own being to firmly plant himself within the source of her vitality so that he himself may receive a reprieve. Endlessly pursuing the shattered essence of his own mate who darted from one to another across the years like a shooting star, lost in the darkness and in ultimate confusion. A perfect storm of spectral events led an alpha, a beta and a young woman into a tornado of events.

His own strength growing through the turmoil induced callous hands of the alpha so he could once again clutch on to his fated destiny, that elusive ping ponging being. It was unfortunate for the strong green eyed leader. It was unfortunate for him, that ethereal golden eyes of what once was a friend, had watched enviously his ascension through his many lives. Jealously watching him garner time and time again the love of his mate. 

It was his time to return back to that light. Jonah had too much luck and love, he would have to deal with the loss of it so that his friend and now foe, could bask in the sun after centuries of the cold darkness. Reclaiming what he had once lost at the cost of multiple others expense, forcing his past back into the present. The frequent failures and losses combined with intense despair and longing, were to come to an end for him.  What was one life time, compared to the many he had suffered through?

The delicate female form followed in accelerated pursuit, it was time. He knew it. She had called out to him, beckoning him to return to her. It was the first time she had made contact in the many years, she was ready to be awakened, and she would not slip between his fingers grasp due to another's unsophisticated senses. She would not spend another lifetime alone or loving wrongly another. He had to be smarter, he had to outwit his present challenge.

"Alex." Her deep tone called out to him as her frame reached him in haste. Tight fingers gripping at his shoulder and turning him around with ease. Large blue eyes wide in shock at how easily the tiny figure spun him to her will. "You will not walk away from me." Her words sharp and curt as soft hands grabbed at his sides, tracing long finger nails delicately onto his flesh.

"Liz, what do you not understand?" He said regrouping himself and his eyes hardening against hers. "I'm done. It's over." He said trying to push her away but finding himself unsuccessful as her delicate traces turned into a fierce hold.

"It's just begun." She said in a low tone closing the distance and hopping onto his tight frame, suspending her body with tightly wrapped legs around his hips as her arms wrapped about his neck.
"No, it's only just begun." She said easily affixing herself to him as he attempted to push her down and off.

She was so strong, and he was reserved not wanting to hurt her by utilizing other methods. His struggles against her beginning to falter as she planted a harsh kiss against his lips, returning her fingernails to his hair and clutching at it tightly. His pushes turning into pulls as his fingers began to once again grip at her in want, finding his resolve weakened against her physical being.