The Rumor Mill

"Please stop crying." The young blonde whispered to the tall lean man with watery blue eyes, her arms wrapping tightly around him as she delicately caressed his back. "It was necessary. It had to be done. Do not let his emotions affect you, they will get easier to ignore as time moves on.." deep gold eyes with furrowed brows seeking to give comfort to their mates upset. "He was going to hurt you, I could not let him.." Her words holding only a partial truth, the original intention was to kill the former Alpha, maintaining her companionship with her mate with the words of a peaceful coup. However, when they arrived she found a legitimate excuse to end the older Alphas life, one that didn't hold the stink of bitterness and anger carried throughout many years.

"He's so sad... I can't block it out." the newly ranked Master Beta said, rubbing aggressively at his eyes. "I feel so deeply hurt, there had to of been another way to go about this." his head shaking as he attempted to pull away, being held in place by her hold of him growing stronger as her muscles tensed.

"There was no other way... I told you that this wasn't going to be easy, but it will be worth it." she said firmly, one arm releasing him to allow a hand to cup at his jaw and pull his eyes down to look into hers. "This is our destiny... Great stories do not come easily. I need you to be strong for me and with me. I cannot do this without you." her deep tone clearly depicted the sincerity behind her words.

"You heard what the Alpha said... this was our fault. We caused this, and now I feel as if my heart is breaking. This does not feel right. We should not have to hurt innocent people to simply exist." he choked out, his voice growing in frustration as he tried to compose himself.

"He was not innocent." her words now coming out sharply, two hands gripping roughly at his biceps causing him to wince under her hold. "He was and is responsible for why were here now. He left one life, to hurt you again in another, and I could not allow it. I will not tolerate any more of your remorse filled words in his direction." The gold eyes hardening against the blue ones, making her point very clear. "I will not allow you hold love for a man who bewitched his own daughter, to destroy her own pack out of spite. Even in this life, he still wanted to keep us apart." her grip on his arms began to loosen as he closed the distance, standing on her toes to reach her lips to his ear. "I have waited far too long to risk losing you again... We will be happy. I will make it so." gentle lips pressing against his stubble lined cheek, his body reacting to the sensation and tilting to the side to allow those kisses to trail down his neck.

"I just don't want to see anybody else get hurt... I saw what you did after I left..." he whispered, goosebumps lining his flesh as she continued to trail his skin, teasing at it with taunting flickers of her tongue. "I do not want that to happen again..."

"It will not, because I have you. We can be at peace, and pickup right where we left off... We'll make this pack stronger and more prosperous and we will keep to ourselves. We have no need for outsiders, any alliances we currently hold we can maintain if they so desire with my new found leadership, but I will not seek out any other connections. We have all we need here." she said, beginning to unbutton his pants, a delicate hand reaching into his briefs. "I have everything-" she gripped at his member tightly causing a groan to emit from the base of his throat and his bloodshot blue eyes to drop down to her beautiful gold eyes. "I need, right here.." His head tilting back and his blue eyes rolling into his head as she dropped to her knees and took him within her mouth.

The sexes may have been different, but the sensations were the same, possibly even better with the long absence in between the two. They both found each other entirely desirable and had adapted to their new forms. There was however, an eternal conflict within both of them as the inhabitants of the body constantly fought for control. The new Alpha seemed to handle the conflict with ease. The new master beta, however, seemed to be constantly struggling to keep his bearings. The personality who took hold was not dominant and it was hard to regulate a uniform control, he relied entirely on the alpha to help him garner it, as it was apparent he could not do so on his own.