Recovery

Jason's face remained emotionless after the medical staff confirmed that she was in fact miscarrying. There was no anger, there was no upset, there was nothing. His mind compartmentalizing the unexpected pregnancy and locking it tightly away as if it never happened. He much preferred to pretend that it had not ever existed, it was easier that way.

It allowed him to be supportive to his mate, who seemed to be of more clear thought, each day of bleeding came with more rationality. The bizarre statements and behaviors seemed to dissipate in each passing moment. No longer was she confusing peoples names or speaking out of context.

It quite possibly could have been that the hormones had played a factor in her unclarity. That they had somehow drove her weakened mind into dark depths of turmoil. However, just because she seemed more sane, did not mean she felt any less upset with the loss. It honestly shocked Jason how upset she was at learning she had been pregnant and subsequently her body rejected that pregnancy.

In Elizabeth's world, she had never wanted to be pregnant in the first place, but she was conflicted in her grief because she had in fact became pregnant and had lost the child. She felt less than. She felt an absence. It was just another blow to her self esteem, another failure of her own being that could be marked and noted. Her body seemingly incapable of doing what it was made for.

Jason had tried to soothe and comfort her and tell her that there were a lot of factors at play, his mouth never uttering the words miscarriage or anything closely related to her pregnancy. He told her how immaculate she was, how beautiful her hazel eyes looked as they slowly returned to their normal state, how utterly divine she was. His gentle words only minutely softening the heavy blow she had been dealt with.

He didn't leave her room once. Jacob brought him clothes everyday and Jason would carry himself and Elizabeth into the shower affixed to the room. He would wash them both together and hold her tightly as she sought the hidden comfort of the shower allowing her to cry where no one else but him could see her.

This was what a good mate did. This is how they were supposed to care for one another. When one was weakened, the other would strengthen and carry a heavier part of the burden.

Probably the most surprising thing he did was allow the man he loathed the most,  come in to see her. He didn't allow anything beyond that, he was not to touch her, but he could not deny her of  another thing. Willing to do anything to ease her pain.

The beta himself was not only shocked but carried an immense guilt for wishing for her to miscarry when he took in her disposition and saw how much she suffered because of it.  The situation incredibly awkward and his personality severely muted with the intense gaze of Jason who was affixed on her bedside, clearly not doing anything to ease the uncomfortable atmosphere. The alpha finding himself clenching his jaw and intermittently sucking at his teeth as Alex tried to joke with her and get her to laugh. He was being an exceptionally good mate at present.

"I spoke with your Uncle earlier, he asked that you call him when you're ready to." Alex said, shifting in his chair lightly, his eyes trained on her face holding a weak smile.

"Jacob has your phone. It was found at the mall" Jason said, very much keeping himself aware of their conversation and interjecting himself frequently. He kept physical contact with a hand gently rubbing at her bicep in an affectionate manner driven by his possessiveness. "We haven't found your ring though. We'll have to get you another one." His eyes flickering over to Alex, making sure he was heard.

"Samantha took it from me, to keep it safe. Is she all right?" Elizabeth said looking at Jason, finding herself distracted from her upset and now worried about the woman who cared for her after initially taking her.