Phone Date

A week had passed since Samantha left the Shaded Mountain pack and entered Pinecrests territory under the false pretense of seeking asylum. Mark had been a nervous wreck and constantly texted her, forcing her to keep her phone on silent, to keep at bay it's constant notifications. On more than one occasion she had sharply scolded him and told him to knock his shit off and let her do her job. He of course was hurt by her callous words, but they had no effect in reducing his persistence, he could not quell his internal anxiety and the loneliness he felt in her absence.

It was midnight, and she would give him his nightly reprieve now that she was alone tucked away in her personal quarters in the pack house. It would be 10pm back in Montana but she knew he would still be awake, he didn't sleep until he heard from her and then when he did it was of a poor quality.

"Baby..." he sighed out, immediately answering the call at the first sound.

"Mark.." she said curtly, attempting to be stern with him for the twenty-three text messages she had received from him throughout the day. "How many times am I going to have to tell you to wait for me to reach out to you?" Her words were hard, but her lips were trying to hide their smile despite him not being able to see it.

"Well.. maybe if you found the time to text me and let me know you were okay, I wouldn't worry so much." He said back smoothly his words leading hoping she would take the hint and do so.

"We've tried that before, and you texted me even more." She reminded him, she had given him an inch and he took a mile.

"What are you wearing?" He said lowly, changing the subject as he reclined back in his empty bed, his eyes staring at the ceiling as his ears focused intently on her soft voice.

"Did you even forget why I'm here?" She said rolling her eyes with a sigh, he seemed to have a one track mind when it came to her. "Put your dick away Mark."

"It's not out." He said quickly, however his hand was gracefully rubbing at the outside of his boxers at the growing bulge, their traced tips stopping momentarily as she called out accurately his thought process.

"Business first." She said walking over to the window and staring out over the dark wooded landscape. "The package from Sandstone arrived today. She hasn't opened it yet."

"Is there any reason why she wouldn't want to?" Mark asked in light curiosity, his hand running up to rub at his tight abs lazily. Lust filled thoughts still lingering at the back of his head that he was keeping at bay.

"Her and Alex are fighting again. She's locked him in a room." She said running a tired hand through her hair, nails scratching at her scalp.

"She locked him in a room? Why the fuck would she do that?" His blue eyes widening as he was trying to gather an idea for the behavior.

"He told her he was going to leave. She was talking about war and he said he would not participate in it. Then his personality completely changed and she really got angry. She kept telling him to return, and she wouldn't be ignored... but he just stood there. He just looked tired and... bored. It was so bizarre. I couldn't wrap my head around it." She said shaking her head, her brows furrowing as she began to bite at the nail on her thumb.

"They seem to be disagreeing a lot lately..." Mark said processing the information.

"He doesn't want violence, he's made that very apparent. But she disagrees. She's so different. She's very cold. She smiles, but it doesn't reach her eyes. She seems to only be happy with him, and becomes extremely volatile when they're at an impasse. It's like she's bipolar. One minute she's all over him and the next minute she's scolding him and backing him into a corner. I've never seen a man so afraid of a woman. She's got him pussy whipped. Honestly, she reminds me of my ex. She's abusive." Her own words made her shudder, as she recalled the scene she saw earlier. She felt bad for Alex, and the look of dejection he had as if he was trapped in a toxic relationship.