Show Me

"You missed our scheduled 4:45pm meeting." Jacob said in his normal calm and even manner. However, there was a slight falter in his tone as it showed  in its inflection the smallest amount of frustration through the phones earpiece.

"I apologize, Master Beta." She began in her own even tone, her voice being cut off by his.

"It's after work hours. You know this." His words now more abrupt and sharp.

"Master-Bet.. Jake, I'm sorry I missed the appointment, but the Luna needed my attention." Her soft brown eyes looked at the other women for support, a guilt forming from the deceit she held making it difficult for her to proceed with out the further rallying of the women behind her.

"And what did the Luna need? So I'm not otherwise unclear on the matter?" Jacobs tone was no longer even, in fact it appeared he was quick to escalate in obvious frustration in this exact moment.

Hollie was not strong enough to fill the lie she was trying to portray against her mate. This much was evident by how quickly she began to cave against his resolve. "I will see you at  home. I will make it u-"

"Jacob." Elizabeth quickly had grabbed the phone. Adopting the deepest manner in her champagne filled state and managing to pass off as sober.  "Are you questioning me?"

"Miss. Elizabeth." He said almost in shock from the abrupt entrance of her voice.

"Yes, it's Miss. Elizabeth. I require Hollie for the evening. Is that going to be a problem? I understand you're not used to change. However, I did not realize borrowing your secretary would cause such a problem. In fact, I was hoping to speak with you personally regarding Hollie, and now I'm concerned about how fruitful that venture may be." Elizabeth's tone was firm and direct, she had grown used to needing to hold an authority with others she came in contact with, save for her female confidants.

"Of course you may borrow Hollie for the evening." His adopted his normal regular control over his tone. "I just hope in the future that I have more advanced notice of her being removed from her duties. Her absence has caused a hiccup in my schedule that I would like avoid in the future."

"I apologize for that Jacob, the blame should be placed on me for your disrupted schedule. I can personally reach out to the party affected and let them know that." Elizabeth said back in a tone of complete concern for his inconvenience, all the while knowing he had not missed an appointment with anyone. Him and Hollie had not had their scheduled time of affection and that was what left him upset.

"That won't be necessary. It can be handled in the morning." He said back cooly.

"Oh wonderful. So there is no crisis?" She asked back, sounding as if she wanted to be clear on the matter.

"Of course not, Miss. Elizabeth." He replied smoothly, any other response not being an option.

"Fantastic. While, I have you on the phone, since I rudely interrupted your call to Hollie. I wanted to talk about her placement." She began to target a trigger point that Hollie was unable to do herself.

"What about Hollies placement would you like to speak on?" He questioned back quickly but still keeping his usual tone.

"Well, as you know.." she led on, her own voice showing she had been thinking on the matter for ages, however her and the girls were all slightly inebriated, save for Samantha, and she was making up her rationale with each word spoken. "Jason is providing me my own office after the ceremony, that way I can be available to the pack members and their needs. However, since I'm still receiving an influx of rabid interest, I'm sure my new title will have me quite busy."