The Beast

"Geoffrey finally got around to explaining the final role to me. The role of the Luna." she said, as she poked her fork into the salmon on her plate and placed it in her mouth, her eyes focused on the plate of food in front of her.

"And what did he tell you exactly?" he questioned as he took another sip of wine, his eyes searching hers attentively looking for the slightest show of her thoughts on the matter.

"A lot of things. However, they both seem to be convinced I wont be working in a daycare tending to children." she said with a shrug as she took another sip of the wine, her eyes staying on the food.

"Do you think that positions fits you better?" he delved a little more deeper with the questioning, not truly knowing how to gauge her response.

"Well..." her eyes slowly rose to meet his, "I guess we'll just have to wait and see."

"I guess we will.." he kept his intense gaze on her, neither one of them moving to eat or drink as they both watched each other in the moment. A warmth was spreading all throughout his body as she didn't denounce the possibility of adopting the role, and a sensation he was unfamiliar with began to course through his veins. The silence only breaking when his dominant inner thought pushed itself from his lips, "You're so beautiful."

"W-what?" she was taken aback by his frank remark and her cheeks instantly grew red as she looked away from him and down to the table, not knowing how to really react.

"Look at me Elizabeth." he said, not as a command but more as if he was requesting for her to do so. His words invoking an almost immediate response from her where her hazel eyes once again found his, and his green eyes softened as he soaked up her features.

He had waited so long to find her, and it felt almost unreal to him that she was sitting across from him having lunch in his office. He instantly found her attractive when they first met, he found her extremely hot when they were fighting, but never had she been as beautiful as she was in this moment.  He found himself struggling to keep control of his own person, forcing his hands to stay unmoving and to remain seated, an internal drive urging him to mold his body with hers and to breathe in her scent as if it was the singular source of oxygen available.

The amount of self control he was exuding right now was incredible. The only outward sign of the battle within was a slightly shaky hand reaching out for the glass of wine to bring it to his lips where he found the strength needed  to rip his eyes away from her and stare at the shelves of books next to them. She was doing nothing but just sitting there, and yet he found her to be the most desirable woman he had ever encountered.

The bond was strengthening within him as well, its effect was more powerful and consuming of him since he was aware of it. All day his mood had been overly pleasant as compared to his normal disposition, it was noticed by everyone he encountered. He even over slept for the first time in years, all because that delicate little form was tucked against his.

He wanted to be with her every moment of the day, and now that he was with her after being deprived of her for what seemed like forever, it was overwhelming. His current state would be easier to manage had she been volatile as he had grown used to experiencing, but right now her current demeanor was driving him insane.

Mark her...

He took another sip of the wine before completely removing it from his lips, his hand lessening its light shake as he took deep breaths to slow his own heartrate. His eyes remained steady on the books, he didn't want to look at her at the moment and lose control. He also didn't want to  show her that control was something he was struggling with at present, his eyes had almost reached the color of black and he knew it would scare her.