A Surprise

Mark, Jason and Elizabeth, arrived in the depths of a new city in the early evening of an already dark shrouded night where the tall buildings sparkled like diamonds in the sky, illuminating the streets below showing that its inhabitants had changed from those conducting the days business to those who were seeking the thrills of its vast night life. Jason had made the call to not only extend their stay after the meeting, but also to arrive the night before. He wanted to treat her, taking her off the territory and giving her a reprieve from possible cabin fever. Everything seemed calmed and settled between them, therefor, he was now comfortable in doing so and wanted to lavish her with expensive things and new memories for them to share.

Tonight, he was going to take her to an exclusive club, he was friendly with the owner through connections made as he conducted day to day business outside of pack matters. They would be in VIP seating with a third wheel of Mark who attended all corporate meetings with Jason, however Mark would be sure to pick up an extra wheel by the end of the night, he always did.

While it appeared it was just the three of them, Jason had arranged for her specific unit to follow them along, as they were thoroughly trained and prepared to protect and if necessary track the future Luna, this was out of immense precaution and only done to soothe any concern on Jason's side. It wasn't that he was worried she would try to run, they were long past that point in their relationship, but the fact that she was mated to an Alpha made her a target and being amongst the crowds of a large city required extra precaution. He ensured that they would be present, but not seen as it was important to him to give her a sense of normalcy and for her to be able to forget the pack and its politics for the weekend.

The three of them split up when they reached the hotel lobby, Mark went to his own room and Jason led Elizabeth to theirs as the bellhop followed with a trolley of their packed luggage. As the elevators opened being the only entrance and exit of the penthouse, Elizabeth was met with an expansive room at the top of the hotel decorated in various tones of golds and creamy whites with soft lighting illuminating the room. While their home was just as an impressive, the room with the large welcoming bed and luxurious bathroom with a jetted tub, held a newness that really excited Elizabeth. It also had the most exhilarating wall of windows that opened the way to the vibrant lights of the city with a background drop of the mountains in shadowed gray against the near black cloud covered sky.

"This is going to be so much fun!" She said excitedly, as she peered out the window while Jason heavily tipped the bell hop upon finishing the unloading of their bags.  "What are we going to do first?"

"Probably fuck up those sheets." Jason said with a nod to the bed before the bellhop fully closed the door on his exit causing her cheeks to burn red knowing he overheard the Alphas blunt words.

"Jason." She scolded him with a head shake as she further took in the room finding the kitchen and the well stocked fridge with an amenity of liquor, wine and champagne to provide whatever taste the user so decided. "Are we getting drunk all weekend?" She said as she excitedly pulled out a bottle of champagne ready to kick off their arrival.

"I'm sure you will be." He laughed as he walked over and proceeded to take it from her hands, unwrapping the foil before popping the cork off in the safety of his own strong hand. "I, however, need to keep my wits about me." He said as he began to rummage for glasses finding them almost immediately in the second cabinet he opened.

"You're no fun." She said almost dejectedly as if he took all the wind out of her sails for the weekend.

"I'll partake. I'm just not going to get white girl wasted with you." He chuckled pouring the champagne into glasses. "One of us needs to make sure we get back safely."