You Need To Wake Up

It was the middle of the night, Elizabeth had drifted in and out of sleep with the same taunting dream that left her more fatigued from its experience than she was prior to her troubled slumbers. Jason was wrapped around her and very much contented in his own deep rest. He lately had spent all of his energy and focus on her and had neglected his own physical needs. It seemed his body was now playing catch up, which was evident from how heavy his arm rested across her waist.

She couldn't shake the visions, she was restless. Feeling an internal drive pushing her, as if she needed to go and seek out the answer to the question she did not know. For what seemed like hours spent in her troubled dream state, she had been walking through darkened fog laden woods, following the flickering length of blonde hair as it would disappear behind tree after tree. She tried to call out to the elusive owner of the long bright locks, a deep internal longing to speak with them, to touch them, to become one with them. However, she could never get close enough. She could not muster her own voice, she felt that her body was not her own in its endless pursuit.

A sigh erupted from her throat as she slowly began to push Jason's arm over her body with a gentle finesse, taking care not to wake him. She was too energetic, her body had received too much rest and her mind was unable to shut down due to it. She needed to take a walk, she needed to burn down some energy. The doctors had been pushing her to move around and Jason had been pushing back not wanting her to overdo it. Now that he was fast asleep, she was going to use her small reprieve from her overprotective mate to seek out some exercise.

The soft socks with the slip grips affixed on the top and bottom, gently reached the cool tile floor. She ensured she was careful leaving the bed, as to not wake Jason, because he would put a stop to her movements in a heartbeat. She figured a few paces up and down the hall would do her good, and then she could return with him being none the wiser.

Her muscles very much appreciated the new found activity, they seemed to groan with pleasure within her as she stretched them and warmed them with her quick steps. Not a soul stirred around her, the night staff seemed to have busied themselves in other rooms or in the staff room procuring coffee in the early morning hours. It was so peaceful.

Elizabeth was on her fourth back and forth down the hall, when she heard a soothing melodic feminine voice from down the hall towards the stairwell exit. Come find me... I need to wake up.

"Hello?" Elizabeth whispered back, her steps moving slower in that direction as she looked around for the voice.

Im lost.. I need your help to wake me up. The voice sounded as if it was getting further away, and held a sad tone in its depths.

"Are you alright?" Elizabeth asked as she continued to make her way to the stairs.

I need to wake up. The voice replied, as the young blondes hand reached for the handle and opened the stairwell. I can't wake up. It said in more dejection as Elizabeth looked down the stairwell in its direction and saw the flicker of gold hair disappear
down the last visible view of stairs.

"Hey! Wait!" She said as she began to rapidly descend them in pursuit of what she now realized was the woman in her dreams. "Wait! Come back!" She said trying to catch up with the form that owned the whipping blonde hair that was always outside of her searching gaze.

You have to help me. Come find me. Come, come. The voice continued to prod her, leading her out a side entrance of the hospital. Over here. This way. It called out from a line of trees, and a shadowed female figure with bright blue eyes glanced for a few seconds before darting into the woods depths leaving the long hair to flicker as a guide behind it.