Let Me Explain

"I want you to remain calm..." Ryan stated, putting his folded hands on the table, and his eyes trying to persuade her to listen to his words carefully. However, his words gave her an opposite reaction, whenever someone told you to be calm prior to explaining something, it almost always was bad.

"Whats happening?" she questioned, her voice dropping in tone and her eyes shifting back and forth between Dominick and Ryan.

"Lizzy, things are not as they appear. This life you have built for yourself, has been built off of a lie. Alpha Ryan, Alex, myself and even Aunt Shelly have all been maintaining this lie since your infancy." Dominick spoke, just as slowly and just as calmly as Ryan had started the conversation.

"What are you talking about?" her hazel eyes widened in confusion, having absolutely no idea what he was alluding to.

"You're not a normal girl, Lizzy." Dominick sighed.

"Can you please just tell me what the fuck is going on?!" her voice rising again as she began to panic, feeling Jason's hand tighten on her thigh in response to her cursing again, giving her a warning squeeze. The gesture being missed by her as she was truly transfixed on her Uncle, her eyes trying to pry her question out of his.

"You're a werewolf." Ryan stated succinctly. Just ripping the bandaid off and watching for her reaction.

"Are you delusional?" she scoffed incredulously and watched the serious faces her Uncle and Ryan both shared. Jason had tilted his head to the side so that he could watch her reaction as well, interest sparked on how the news would be taken.

"I am not, and I'm your Alpha, please mind your manners when speaking to me." he said, his tone clearly showing that he didn't like her combative question.

"You were her Alpha." Jason's eyes diverted to Ryan with a stern glare. "I'm her Alpha now." he said, slowly putting his nose into the crook of her neck and placing a soft kiss on the skin, having been wanting to do it for what seemed like ages. Her close proximity to him, and the amount of physical contact they had during this meeting was driving him insane, having to shift his position slightly to keep his hardened member at bay. Her scent was intoxicating, and it more than likely was a contributing factor to his calmer demeanor. That, and the fact, that the asshole Alex was now out of the room. "And she can speak to you anyway she wishes." he said, his eyes looking back up from her neck and planting another kiss on the same spot.  "But no more curses, its unattractive."he whispered in her ear sternly.

"What's really going on here?" she said, her cheeks flushing from Jason's delicate contact with her neck. Finding it difficult to divide her attention elsewhere as her core tightened and she shifted in his lap trying to knock the sensations he was causing. And how uncomfortably embarrassing it was, that she was unable to free herself from him. However, her own will not urging her to do so either.

"He's being honest." Dominick said, his eyes falling to the table where he took to staring at his own large hands, unable to look at her. "You have an abnormality, that means you cant shift. But you have over the years displayed signs of some of the abilities of us wolves." his eyes finally rising to meet hers, his heart literally breaking as this massive lie he had kept for years was crumbling before him in the form of watery tears shedding down her cheeks.

"Am I going insane?" she said, raising hands to her cheeks, almost pinching them as if to wake herself up from this moment.

"You heal quickly, you recognize the scents of those close to you, your night vision is well beyond average... While all these tendencies are greatly muted in comparison to a wolf able to shift, they still make you above average in the human world." Dominick said as if all the words were one long sigh. Though internally he was crumbling, he secretly felt a relief of finally coming clean to her through all the lies and deception.