Testing The Formula

"Elizabeth, come here." Jason said, his eyes staring into hers and seeing the empty expression finding it alarmingly uncomfortable.

She left the company of the maid and walked around the side of the table to its head where Jason was standing, his hand reached up to grab at her chin and look more intently into her eyes. "Are you alright?"

"Yes. I'm fine." she said a barely there smile registering on her face with the smallest rise of the corner of her lips.

"Are you still upset?" he questioned, looking for vitality in the hazel orbs.

"No. I'm fine." she responded back in turn, only because his close hold of her was demanding her attention.

Jason rolled his eyes in frustration and a sigh erupted from his lips as he gently placed a kiss to her forehead before releasing her jaw. His middle finger and thumb squeezed at the area where both of his eyes met his nose and his brows furrowed in annoyance. This was not at all what he wanted.

While he demanded compliance he did not want it in the form of a zombified state. He would rather her yelling at him and calling him a dick than to be absent from any and all emotion. As soon as his hands released from their strained press at the corner of his eyes, he soothingly wrapped an arm around her back where his hand grabbed at her hip and rubbed delicately.

The warm tingling sensation his body provided to her only further carried her off in a soothing wavelike drift, her body leaning into his but giving him no real satisfaction even though he felt the same sensations from her returned touch. "Claire, get her some coffee.." irritation clearly evident in his tone.

"Alpha, she does seem to have a more pleasant demeanor." Jacob said, knowing exactly where Jason's aggravation was coming from and trying to smooth it over.

"And what the fuck is pleasant about this?" he said with his free hand pointing at the woman who had closed her eyes leaning more heavily against him as if she was drifting off to sleep from his gentle rubbing. Her demeanor making her look as if she was high as a kite and nodding out while standing as she breathed in his relaxing scent and felt the sedating waves ripple throughout her body.

"... Well she's not mad." Mark said in caution with a small shrug.

"I'd rather her be fucking mad." he said with a dark glare and his teeth beginning to grit.

"Well, maybe a half a muffin next time?" Mark said with even more caution and his arms displaying a suggestive manner.

Jason wordlessly sent another threatening stare to Mark as he guided Elizabeth to her usual seat, pulling the chair out and pushing it back in when she sat, her eyes fixating on the flowers on top of the table and beginning to count the petals on each individual rose.

"I think your suggestion about the coffee is a good move." Jacob said as Claire deposited a mug of it in front of the woman seated at the table. Jason having to prod at her arm and point at it for her to take it in her hands and begin to sip at it in a more than leisurely pace. "The stimulant should help counteract some of the sedatives, but I think we should take a look at this and maybe listen to Mark's suggestion and decrease the dose in the future. She is calm, perhaps too calm at present, but if we lessen the dose it may prove beneficial to help her adjust to the transition." the Master Beta finished watching the demure woman sit in complete and utter complacency.

Jason stood behind the woman looking down at her and monitoring her progress with the drink, an idle hand reaching for her curled locks and wrapping them gently around his fingers. This was an absolute mess, and he needed to find a way to fix it immediately. He needed the information from Pinecrest, still not knowing how to feel about the entire situation, but hoping it could be useful to prevent future incidents.