Set In Motion

"Alpha Brent, during my  stay, you expressed a desire for our packs to be more aligned in the future. Due to the upset at the end, this was not achievable at the time... Is this still something you desire?" Jason asked over the line, sitting in his office with a neat scotch in hand.

"Of course, Alpha Jason. I feel as if it would be mutually beneficial for our packs to form a more positive firm relationship." Brent said back, with a nod that went unseen.

"I agree that we could be beneficial to one another, and I am willing to enter into a friendly relationship, but would need something from you before I do so." The shaded mountain leader said in caution. "It does not require much effort but I require assistance in getting a message to one of your current allies, and would have to utilize your relationship with them in order to do so."

"I'm assuming this concerns Pinecrest? Or to be more blunt, their Alpha specifically?" Brent questioned heavily with a sigh, weighing the pros and cons already of potentially losing one ally for another.

"It does." Jason said firmly. "And to quell any of your hesitation, I think you would definitely be more suited to align with me as opposed to the unstable female leader. She is a walking time bomb." His words leaning already knowing how her current allies viewed her in trepidation.

"What does this message entail?" Brent asked in caution.

"Well, it's more like a gift. I'd like to return something to Elizabeth that she misses dearly, however she seems to be unreachable. I'm sure if it was sent from your pack, she would be more receptive to opening my well intentioned present." Jason spoke calmly, and his words sounded innocent but it was clear he had a motive with whatever he was trying to ask Brent to deliver.

"Is it a weapon? Will it hurt her? I am not trying to start a war." Brent said firmly, wanting to be allies but not willing to be put in a position that would have his pack at the front of a brutal fight.

"No, no, no." Jason said shaking his head with a laugh. "You misunderstand... I would never hurt my mate. I just want her to remember. She seems to still be lost, Im afraid. Worse than she was under your care. I fear if I do not do something, we all will be enveloped in a war, and I do not want my irrational mate to suffer for her affliction." Each of Jason's words were perfectly placed and calculated. Wanting to build up an image of her clear instability in the other alphas mind that they would be able to work off of later.

"What is it then?"  Brent absolutely needed to know what he was now leaning on the side of doing for the Shaded Mountain pack and their strong ties.

"It's her ring. Her engagement ring. That's it. Nothing more. It is important to her, I don't want to risk sending it and having it be tossed to the trash in her unclarity. It would devastate her." He spoke honestly, however Brent would never know  what his actual intent was behind sending the ring.

"If her anger seems to be so heavily laced towards you, what makes you think she will be happy to receive it?" The neutral alpha questioned in uncertainty. Finding an engagement ring to be odd but not questioning its relevance to her in the moment, he had a greater interest in Jason's vested effort.

"I know my mate... I guarantee you, if you do this favor for me, you will find it on her hand the next time you see her. I can also guarantee, once that ring is on her finger, you will know in certainty you have made the right decision in regards to choosing my pack over hers. She is unwell, Alpha Brent. It is not her fault, but I am trying to prevent irreparable damage. I only want to protect my mate." Jason spoke with great concern and he spoke deeply from his heart, his words were more than effective in swaying the neutral Alpha.

And Then She Was Gone On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara