Vol.3 Chapter 4 Chiaki Onee-San

Who was Mutsushita Chiaki?

She was my classmate who was in the same group as Shinohara, Sato, and Karuizawa. She also hung out with Kushida sometimes. But she was calmer and quieter than them. Although Matsushita didn't have many friends, she was kind to all of us.

There was one more thing that made me recognize her.

No one dared to say it in front of her, but everyone always talked about her left ear.

We didn't know what happened to it. Her left ear was in the corner of her chin, not in the normal position.

 Her left ear was in the corner of her chin, not in the normal position

But now, I couldn't see her left ear since it was hidden by gauze. People said she got surgery before the vacation began.

This was all I know about her.

Now, she was standing behind a tree, taking a look at me and Koenji's body.

My blood disappeared from my face. Would she think I kill him?

Matsushita walked toward me, and unexpectedly, she was calmly smiling like an older sister.

"Ara. What happened to him?" She asked with a soft tone.

"He was hit by a coconut. " I told her the truth. "I didn't hit him by a coconut of course. It fell from the tree and---"

She put her finger on my mouth before I finished my lines.

"Don't be too panic, Ayanokouji-Kun. " Matsushita said. "I see everything from begin."

"So you don't think I hurt him?"

"Why should I have to think like that? I said. I see from begin and see you brave to confront him too. " She shook her head with affection. "What a good boy. Shouldn't Onee-San reward you?"

I felt a strange atmosphere from her. And I didn't understand what she was saying at all.

"Oh!" I recognized. "Matsushita. Please help me take Koenji to the teacher. He needs first aid."

Matsushita that I knew was always kind. She would help me with permission.

But she didn't do it. She just turned her face at me and looked at my eyes with a clueless face.

No, she pretended to be clueless.

"Why should we do it?"

"What do you mean? He is our classmate."

"Because he is our classmate. That was a reason why we shouldn't do that."

Matsushita stood up and glared at Koenji's body. 

"If Koenji-Kun left this test, our class will lose 30 points. " She said. "And if it happened, it would be a bad situation for all of us, wouldn't it?"

"Yes, I guess so---"

"Won't it be better? If we take him to the camp and make sure he won't do any problem."