Vol. 5 Chapter 3 Practice

This Saturday, I woke up at 05.00.

Normally, I woke up late on the weekend. But Hazama-Sensei made an appointment. He wanted to check my body, so I had to walk hobblingly across the school to the hospital since the sun didn't rise.

"Um. I'm afraid that you can't walk before the sports festival. " He said.

"Hah. It's fine. Do you think I can run fast enough with this cane?" I asked. If I could, I would try to avoid the last place.

"Everything is possible. Have you ever run with your cane?"

"No. "

"You should try. I suggest that you shouldn't run in the sports festival. If it's unfortunate, it might injure your leg. "

Unfortunate.

Sorry, Sensei. I never knew those words.

After I ate instant noodles from the department store, I went to the road behind the gym and tried to run.

It didn't work. My speed wasn't more than Doc's when he crawled on the floor. If I increased my speed more than this, I would stumble.

I sighed. It looked like what I could do was hope that my opponents would be broken their legs or something.

"Oi! Ayanokouji!" I heard someone call me from the swimming pool.

I turned my face in its direction and saw Onodera waving to me.

"Good morning, Onodera. " I greeted her and walked to the bench. She was wet and wearing a one-piece swimsuit. "Swimming practice?"

"Yeah! We have no match until the sports festival end. But I think keeping my muscle strength has nothing wrong, right?"

I nodded. Onodera Kayano was the best swimmer in the class. She was one of the favourite in our class. If it was about sports, I thought she was better than Horikita or Kushida.

"So, what are you doing this early?"

"Same as you, practice. " 

Onodera nodded. "Hey. Don't push yourself too much. No one expects a great result from you. Oh, it's not in a negative way."

"I don't want to be class's counterweight. "

"Huh. Why does you guy always think like this? Yesterday, Yukimura and Sotomura came to practice too. They said in the same way."

Yukimura was always proud of his academic ability. He was an important weapon for our class in every test. But now, because of lacking athletic skill, he could do nothing for his class. I understood him, I felt the same as him.

"Who are you talking with, Kayano?" A man pushed himself out from the swimming pool and walked toward us.

My attention was captured by him as soon as he appeared.

He had long black hair and a handsome face. His body was as great as Koenji's. I was surprised that I never noticed him before. He was the kind of man that would shine among a million people.

"Oh. Hayato. This is Ayanokouji from my class. "

"The one who broke the world record?"

"Yes."

"Wow. That's very impressive, man!" The one who called Hayato extended his hand to shake mine. He might be close with Onodera because they called each other by their first name.

"Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, nice to meet you."

"Kito Hayato, nice to meet you."

I almost spit a tea that I ate yesterday out of my mouth.